about that tricycle terror statue by scott tolleson

VA-ROOOM!  Better look both ways before crossing the street, because this Tricycle Terror is burnin’ rubber!  Green means “GO!”  Yellow means “GO FASTER!” And red means “GET THE HELL OUTTA MY WAY!”

standing 5” tall, this poly-resin statue comes fully painted and ready to display. limited to 450-pcs @ a SRP of US$45-per, each piece is hand-numbered with a certificate of authenticity. scheduled to ship in May 2008, the image currently shown is a prototype of the figure (which is currently in production in China).

designed and self-produced by Scott Tolleson of StolleArt Studio, i had a quick chat with the man behind the terror on the tricycle ... *squeakSqueakSQUEAK-squeakity-squeak*! LOL

/// CLICK HERE TO READ INCLUDING FIGURE TURNAROUNDS


TOYSREVIL: does the lady have a name? (no, im not trying to get fresh with her :p)

SCOTT TOLLESON: Nope! She's just a Tricycle Terror. Plane and simple!

TOYSREVIL: and a fiesty one she is LOL - how did this design come about? what inspired you in her creation?

SCOTT TOLLESON: I did an illo of her a couple of years back. I made some T-shirts with the design on it and sold out so decided to take a stab at making her 3-D hoping for the same success. Wacky animation (John K, Nicktoons, Hanna Barbara, etc.) had a big influence on creating this piece. Also, I'm pretty much a toy fanatic. Toys are my passion. I have way too many yet not enough.

TOYSREVIL: i hear ya, dude ... i haveta say, the translation of 2D to 3D-sculpt is totally sweet, IMHO - did you do the sculpt yourself, Scott?

SCOTT TOLLESON: I would LOVE to give props to Bear Williams at Atomic Monkey who modeled this for me.


[turnaround]

TOYSREVIL: awesome job, IMHO! ... for folks interested in having her ride down their display shelves (and terrorizing the other toys) come May 2008, is there an option of pre-orders available?

SCOTT TOLLESON: She will be available for pre-order through Diamond Distributors in the March issue of Previews. Due out on Feb. 27. Also, I will take on pre-orders myself via e-mail [scott [at] stolleart [dot] com]


TOYSREVIL: sweet! cheers for your time and trouble, Scott! in closing, could you share with us, Who Is Scott Tolleson?

SCOTT TOLLESON: I've been a digital artist for Disney for 10 years now. I'm also the founder/owner of StolleArt Studio where I sell my personal sketchbooks and statues. I love toys, statues, animation, video games, and all else that the boring world considers "nerdy". (I got more stuff I could write but I hate talking about myself :p)

- peep Scott's full profile here (heheheh :p)
- additional images via Scott's blog
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK