TOYSREVIL's Top 7 Toys of 2007

...Yes, you read the post-title right the first time ~ Top Seven Toys of "Two-Zero-Zero-Seven" - CLICK THRU to find out the "why" and the "who" that are on the list ... ;p
TOP-2007-BANNER

*DISCLAIMER-CITY: The toys on this list are toys that I own and are a part of my personal collection, and is not based on what toys I've blogged about or exist in the toyworld in general or seen on worldwideweb*

The TOYSREVIL TOP 7 TOYS of 2007 started off rather nicely [TAGGED] ~ with a list all drawn up, and with a countdown of seven top toys for the year ending 2007 (continued and expanded beyond my TOP 6 VINYL TOYS OF 2006).

Number 7 was Anna Chamber's Burgerlog plush DOODIE DOLL, followed by Enterbay's GANG2 1/6-figure at Number 6. The everything else stopped after Number 5's ZUGAN from Play Imaginative - simply because the hustle and insane bustle of daily-news caught up, my fortitude and resolve desolved, and time for the "post-window" ran out.

TOP2007-765

A "Post-Window" to me, is the period of time when a particular blog-post is most effective - either being topical, or relevant to the moment in time-historical-context when it is to be posted. Chief of which are postings for events, art show openings, sale-periods and basically anything to do with a "timeline / dateline". Everything else were either non-time sensitive or were timeless in context (those are the most fun for me to do, and less stressful :p).

A "post window" for a "Top-Of-The-Year"-sorta list - for me - could either run between a week, or even a month, becoz ideally after that, it would literally be too moot a point to even exist, innit? ... and a TOP-7-TOYS-OF-2007-list should ideally NOT have a post-window of over a year, innit? But yes, it had, and it has been bugging me to no end (like a constant gnawing mozzie-prick, or a tick-scratch) for the better part of 2008.

For sure, I could've just let it go and kept quiet about it, let it disappear (and no doubt already has, if anybody had noticed at all, or even cared) ... but alas, I myself could not let it go, and to even contemplate the execution of a TOP-8-TOYS-OF-2008-list before I finished what I'd started (a silent resolution for the new year, if ya needta know) a year ago ... and becoz even though it might seem I didn't care enough to finish the list, I still do care and here it is, for anyone who gives a darn: TOYSREVIL'S TOP SEVEN TOYS OF TWO-THOUSAND & SEVEN! (thou shalt not live in silent shame)


NUMBER FOUR: BARRICADE (Decepticon from Transformers Movie by Hasbro)

BARRICADE-2007

STORY: After my quasi-relentless coverage of the Transformers live-action movie and lusting over it's toys in 2007, it ultimately reached a point in time (after the movie and toys debut) when I found myself unable to afford all that I'd wanted, and ended up choosing only ONE single Transformer figure from Hasbro, and it was BARRICADE. And I've lurved that Decepticon ever since! LOL

WHY: IMHO, One of the more detailed treatment of a figure from the movie-toy-line, compared to the other Autobots or Decepticons (well, as least seen thru their blistered display-windows, innit?) and the tagline on the side of the Police car: "To Punish And Enslave"... is actually pretty darn kickass-kool! That, and I'm a sucker for toys in black-color plus tis a police car! (even tho it sorta reminded me quite a bit of the futuristic cop cars in The Island - hey Michael Bay knows how to choose his cars, okay? LOL)

So for all my toy-desires and Transformer-blogging-efforts, I dedicate TOYSREVIL's TOP 7 TOYS position Number 4 to Barricade! (the dude's been sitting alongside my bedside - in vehicle mode - all these while since I've bought him :p)



NUMBER THREE: DEATHBOT
(by Gama-Go / made by Ningyoushi / based on design by Tim Biskup / sculpted by Dave Higgins)

DEATHBOT-2007

WHY: There's something about a tactile touch that sways a person's impressions, least of all me! It's one thing to drool over the images seen online (and man, I drool loads LOL), and another beyond the display-shelves at ye ol brick'n'mortar, but most times a wholly different experience when the item is literally being held in your hands. Little did I know I would like the DEATHBOT wooden-figure as much as I did when I received it.

A comfortable fit in the palm of thee grimy-palms. A decent weightage. A sense of solidness (hard wood, innit?). Now if only the arms and legs were as fully articulated, this would bring my toy-experience up a notch, IMHO. But I likes it loads! And a killer robot made in wood? How cool is that? LOL



NUMBER TWO: SEAMOUR SHEEP & MARTY MOLE
(designed by Metin Seven and made by Crazy Label)

SEAMOUR-2007

WHY: Seamour Sheep and Marty Mole [www] encompasses a concept that holds dear to my own personal hearts: A crossover concept evolving from comics (webcomics or otherwise) and into a tangible product. Tis the sheer cross-platform evolution that fascinates me so - coupled with fab production value (kudos to Crazy Label) and a a sense of quasi-quirky-designer sensibilities - makes this pair one of the more memorable characters I've "met" in 2007 - and Marty Mole rawks! LOL

SEAMOURMARTY_XMAS02SEAMOURMARTY_XMAS01

And that Seamour has gone unto being a USB-Lamp, heightens the cross-platform concept from toy to lifestyle, which inspires me. A toy can awe with it's design and concept. A toy can make leave you in wonder with it's originality and inception, but not a whole lot can inspire me, beyond form and colors.



NUMBER ONE: SUCKLORD600!
(designed and made by Sucklord)

SUCKLORD600-2007

The bootlegger supreme gone legit? Say It Ain't SO!

WHY: What can be said about The Sucklord's SUCKLORD600? Part articulated action-figure, part designer-vinyl-infused coolness, and a whole lotta chutzpah'tude! The kitsch-factor shimmers ever so subtly, while the playability factor pushes it up to the top-spot, with loads of accessories to keep a grownassman busy playing with toys!

The only single thing which bugged me to bits, was one of the best things about the toy: The Old-Skool Kool Blister-carded Packaging ~ Man, I would've loved to just display this sucker up along the pantheons of my humble collections, but alas, I could not let Sucklord600 suffocate within the confines of blister-death, so goodbye blister-card (*RRR-IPPED*). Makes ya wanna go get two of them suckers - one to keep while the other to be fondled playfully, dunnit? .... hhhhmmmmm...


HONORARY-MENTION: PAIN 1:3 FIGURE!
(designed by Mark Landwehr and made by Coarsetoys)

PAIN-2007

WHY is PAIN not listed in the Top-7 List? Because seriously, I personally feel tis gone beyond the label of "toy", and into the realms of "lifestyle-object", a desired object of vinyl material made art, with a lush packaging concept that transcends pedestrian expectations, and a heap full of "design-style" in it's inception and product-concept, IMHO. Coarsetoys has gone on to produce exceptional pieces for the NOOP tour and PAWS! figures (and much desired and lauded from myself).


Besides, PAIN is a huge mofo, innit? So huge I actually dare not debox it for the longest time - becoz I simply had no place to put it (to do it display justice). And over a year later, this is the first time self-snapped images of the figure finally gets posted on my humble blog (no small wonder if the folks @ Coarsetoys might think I'm a vinyl-parasite, innit? j/k-ish - well, can't blame them or anyone if they do i suppose).


So there you have it, folks! (Whether or not you wanted it at all muahahaha) my personal Top 7 Toys for 2007 completed! Up Next? The TOP EIGHT TOYSREVIL'S TOYS OF TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT! And man, it was a truly difficult list to decide on, lemme tells ya! ... just hope it doesn't take me another year to complete the post, innit? ... heh.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK