Customs-Showcase: Dunnys by Jon-Paul Kaiser & ZAM (Seen@CLEA 2010)

Near everyday I post about custom toys on this humble blog, but very rarely do I actually have an opportunity to see them up close, much less physically hold them in my grubby hands ('touch" is as invigorating as "seeing", in my sensitive instance). Everything always looks fine and dandy while they're online, innit? But I wonder ....
ZAM-JPK-DUNNYS-01

One of the coolest "surprise" with my recent trip to Thailand for CLEA, was the opportunity to see two hand-painted custom Dunnys by two equally talented artists, up close! Heck, I even borrowed them for display at my booth! And of course I had to snap to my fill of these awesome work (no over-hyping here, I assure you folks) and exclusively share it with you folks here! CLICK THRU to have a look at Jon-Paul Kaiser's YETI KONG and ZAM's super-swell villain-Dunny, both completed for a swap amongst both artists!

ZAM-DUNNY-04

ZAM mentioned that the character inspiration for this figure is a classic villian called "Iwanaga Saemon" from the Kabuki Play "Dan no ura kabuto gunki" or The helmet chronicle of Dan no ura. ~ Drawing heavily from Eastern-lore, this custom-piece was absolutely clean and quite a treat to hold in my hands, IMHO.

Read more about ZAM in my previous interview with him HERE.

ZAM-DUNNY-01
ZAM-DUNNY-02
ZAM-DUNNY-03
ZAM-DUNNY-05
ZAM-JPK-DUNNYS-02

YETI-KONG-04

Jon-Paul Kaiser>'s YETI KONG is pretty astounding up close, with extreme clean and detailed lines. I've always admired JPK's work and having the chance to see this (and his later work at CLEA) was indeed a treat worth waiting for, IMHO. I'd asked JPK what was the deal with the Dunny-swap with ZAM:

"Well, when we found out we were going to Bangkok, we all started talking more via email, and Zam suggested that as we were meeting up did I fancy doing a Dunny swap? I love his work, so I was more than up for it."

Read more about Jon-Paul Kaiser in my latest interview with him HERE.

YETI-KONG-01
YETI-KONG-03
YETI-KONG-02
ZAM-JPK-DUNNYS-03
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK