Geoff Darrow's Tao King by Super7 @ SDCC 2011

TAO-KING-YELLOW
TAO-KING-BLACK

Reading (on Kaiju Chronicle) that the TAO KING sculpt seen at the Super7 booth @ San Diego Comic-Con was the design of Geoff Darrow, made me sit up straight and proper! (Yes, I totally missed out reading the promo - yes, I am 'slow' that way). Being a huge-fan of his Hard-Boiled work (done with writer Frank Miller - and yes, even subsequent Rusty and Shaolin Cowboy, and of course his work on The Matrix) I was indeed intrigued a character he illustrated being made manifest unto an actual toy figurine (which frankly I shouldn't be too surprised about).

TAO-KING-ART

TAO KING terrorized folks in the first issue of "Big Guy and Rusty The Robot" and has since been sculpted by Cosmo Liquid into a 9" tall creature, seen at SDCC in both it's "original" Yellow/Orange color, and a swell Black version with silver highlights. Truth be told, it is the actual comicbook-connection that really makes me want either version, to be had in my humble collection. That, and the packaging box featuring Darrow's artwork is too good to miss!

TAO-KING-BOX

- Tao King at SDCC images via Cool Toy Review + MWC Toys
- Packaging box images via jgats25.blog88.fc2.com
- Comic-pages via Google Images.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK