Product-Review: 2011 - 3AA Membership Package from 3A Toys

3AA_2011_BOX

Received my 3AA Membership Package earlier this morning (for I was lucky enough to receive it from the postman, in lieu of it being delayed when I am supped to be at rehab this morning and would have missed it completely). I reckon this must be the most well-spent US$150 I have ever had to part with, for a package like this from 3A Toys. Let's take a look inside, shall we?

3AA_2011_BOX-2

THE BOX: What can I say? Simplistically lush - compared to the swishes of previous two releases [2009 / 2010] but a hefty thickness that only serves to tease and taunt you with the contents within - and oh what a treat they turned out to be!

3AA_2011_BOX_OPEN_01 3AA_2011_BOX_OPEN_02
3AA_2011_BOX_OPEN_04 3AA_2011_BOX_OPEN_03

INSIDE THE BOX: The flap-open cover (held together by magnets) opens up to a swell graphic image of a Ashley Wood-skull and the top-tray of the box visible. The Action Portable already excites the eyes, I must say. BUT remember to NOT PULL the entire butter-paper out YET! (There is a simple reason WHY - which I will explain later-soon).

3AA_2011_TK_01
3AA_2011_TK_02 3AA_2011_TK_03

ACTION PORTABLE: The Action Portable-scaled "Oya" Tomorrow King is immaculately awesome, and it's no wonder why fans have been clamoring for these 1/12th-scaled 6" figures. Fully articulated and with fabric-tailored clothes, these are figures worth having in ANY action figure collection. I've always had admiration for the works of threezero and the quality of this continues to amaze me still. The WWRp Nom De Plume really blew me away, and I have no doubt this Oya will too.

3AA_2011_AK_PRIMER_01
3AA_2011_AK_PRIMER_04 3AA_2011_AK_PRIMER_03
3AA_2011_AK_PRIMER_05 3AA_2011_AK_PRIMER_06

AK PRIMER COMICBOOK: Surprisingly one of my favorite component of this package, turned out to be the large format AK PRIMER comicbook! Printed on slightly thicker-cardstock (than flimsy comicbooks) the contents have the characters from Adventure Kartel, as rendered and painted by artist Ashley Wood. I have yet to read the book in full, and will find an opportune time to do so at my leisure.

Oh, and remember when I mentioned above NOT to pull out the butter-paper too soon! Well, I did and found out I had a hell of a time trying to pull this comic OUT from the tray! The size of the book FITS PERFECTLY into the tray, and I had to pry aside the box to use my fingernails to claw at the cover, to lift the book out. That newly made fold-crease now at the bottom of the comicbook cover? Now that's pretty distressing, lemme tell you! But I'll get over it soon enough...

To be frank, I'd imagined later that the butter paper was what would be used to lift the comic out - but of that I am not 100% certain it does, beyond protecting the blister-cover of the Action Portable Oya. Would have been nice just to have a slip of paper that actually says "Pull TO Remove Comicbook" or sumsuch facility for numbnuts like me. Yep.

3AA_2011_BOTTOM_TRAY

BOTTOM-SURPRISE: Yes, the bottom tray pulls out. Pretty lush in a modern-metro-sexual-man with needs to contain coolness in his wardrobe. Read into it as you will, I just love the aspect of the push-up-pull-open "surprise" element of discovery of this package!

3AA_2011_BOTTOM_TRAY_2
3AA_2011_BOTTOM_TRAY_3 3AA_2011_BOTTOM_TRAY_4

Your membership card, a 3A-lanyard, a toy catalog and a hood lay within the bottom tray. And here I have my "TOYSREVIL" membership card to shout out about, and a lanyard to wear at occasions that might demand it (Pretty "smart" promo item here, I must admit).

3AA_2011_CATALOG_01
3AA_2011_CATALOG_02 3AA_2011_CATALOG_03

3A-CATALOG: The 3A Toys Catalog is one of the most relevant form of self-promotion I have seen in this age of toy releases. And while I cannot ascertain the "successfulness" of it's being and reach, the fact that "ThreeA Toys" and "who" they are - are constantly reminded to folks beyond a physical-toy, is impressive. Imagine catalogs given out to friends to introduce them top the toys, or even to flip-thru and gawk at the toys - without the need to remove them from the display shelves or packaging box to view?

3AA_2011_HOODIE

3AA-HOODIE: The apparel aspect of this package that completes the "lifestyle" that 3A Toys does not overtly promote about. Why "lifestyle"? You COLLECT the toy, you PLAY with the toy, you READ the comics and catalog, and now you WEAR their items. What would a geekoloid want for more? I'm down with it!

Ironically, I dare not open the hoodie jacket to show - as frankly all the previous tee-shirts I have had from 3A do not fit me. Yes, I was ignorant enough to think I could still fit a Large - so in any case, I went for an XL for this round. Man, I do so hate to be "wrong" again - it would definitely gut me more than I ever expect LOL

3AA-2011-HOODIE-02 3AA-2011-HOODIE-03
3AA-2011-HOODIE-04 3AA-2011-HOODIE-05

UPDATED: I opened the hoodie-package, wore it and took snaps of myself wearing it with a timer. I might loo hideous in these images but the hoodie feels AWESOME Set against the sweltering heat of Singapore (bolstered somewhat by the sudden rainfall when these pics were snapped) - the apparel felt extremely comfortable, and is actually extremely thick! Folks in winter-climates will absolutely love this gear, I dare say! Kudos, 3A!

3AA-2011-HOODIE-01

So how was YOUR 3AA-Package for YOU?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK