Toy-Review: I LOVE ZEX Gardener Series 108 by Michael Lau (*Warning: Possibly Adult Supervision Required)

Warning: Possibly Adult Supervision Required


Now, "why" I procured the ZEX Gardener vinyl figure from Michael Lau, I have no tangible explanation, save for perhaps a desperate bit to grab at a 'lost' feeling of procuring a ML-product, which I relished oh-so-many-years ago, when I started collecting designer vinyls.

Back then, not a whole lot of stores sold ML-stuff, and when they did, the prices are astounding - compared to the rest of the toys I bought regularly. Likewise on Ebay, the price-points were rife and frankly one might not know if transaction might run bogus (I was a believer in "product in my hand" after too many a burnt tries on Ebay). And ML was on the absolute top of my WANTS-lists.

The joy of procuring a ML item and adding them to my collection, was truly inspiring. The last time I bought a series of figures, was back in 2004/5-ish when I wished the SIX gallery in Hong Kong, and years later when Gaby and Pia gifted me with a LMFK-mecha bought at CSC (and they are awesome folks for their generosity).

I have not desired a ML figure for a long time now. His recent offerings have either been too huge (ala Crazy King) or did not directly appeal to me, both conceptually and aesthetically. Enter ZEX.


Truth be told, I disliked the figure when I first saw it online. The usage of the schlong did not appeal to me whatsoever - not that I have a problem with plastic dicks, but the notion of adapting an actual human being aka celebrity's anatomy, was more hokey-art than homage, but that's just me.

What appealed to me tho, where what looked to be multiple articulation "joints" seen in the pictures, paralleling that of the 12" figure seen in earlier Zex incarnation as a 12" Gardener figure. And my eyes lit up with the possibility of a multi-articulated "designer vinyl"!


But alas, I fell for the most basic of online product images - the multiple-articulation did not exist, as they were but grooves sculpted into the body, that provided no more than a standard vinyl figure's articulation. I felt duped. But the reality was, it was no where mentioned it possessed "multiple articulation" but for those listed in the sales page.

Nevertheless, money has been spent, and via HERE you will get to see more unboxing and individual snaps. Hardly a good experience scoring this figure, but nevertheless an otherwise not-too-pleasant experience to add to my previews joys of toys.


Essentially, the figure came sealed in a bag, which also contained yet another bag of multiple-hands, and a all-black plastic-bag containing the figure's male-appendage. Funnily enough, I found myself struggling to insert the pegged dick into the socket of the body's torso, and never did managed to poke it all the way in! I've since decided not to over-think this metaphor, and chalk it up to my lack of physical strength to do the deed.


Interestingly, the figure possess both the Michael Lau name and CrazySmiles marking on the base of it's feets. So is CS making their own toys now? *NICE*

In essence, I am not too overjoyed with my purchase, but perhaps it might grow on me somehow, and mayhap the notion of an 'adult' collectible and not a "kids' toy' will dawn on me, and I would relish the irony … I am not too hopeful tho LOL

Cheers
Andy TOYSREVIL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK