Book Review: HATCH from Noval N. Hernawan (including a look at Poster Prints)

"As a comic book fans, I always have this one little problem. Every time an artist come to Singapore and bring their sketchbook, it's either to small, or too big. Either way it didn't look nice or fit well in the standard comic backing board/plastic. So after quite some (time) arguing, I (insisted on using) the standard comic book for my book, I insist to make it in that specific size. So here are the three version of my first volume of Sketchbook. All come with standard comic book backing board. I hope we share the same insight... :)" ~shares illustrator Noval N. Hernawan about his book, "HATCH"
HATCH-_COVERS
HATCH_COVER-BACK HATCH-KIM-K

Seen above are the three variant covers for HATCH, with the far-left 'Justice League' cover being the regular version (priced at SGD$20), while the middle 'The Avengers' being three chase edition (priced at SGD$25), and the far-right is the 'blank cover' for Indonesia artist Noval to sketch your fav character on - the 'price' for which you'll have to enquire from him - for when you go visit Noval at his booth G38 in STGCC this weekend!

I've had the opportunity to flip thru the pages, and the first thing which caught my eye, was the diversity of his illustration subjects. Not confined to only spandex-super-folks of the American comicbooks, there are also characters from the Classic East and cartoons! Always swell to see them updated and looking as cool as they seemed to be when we were young kids looking upo at them LOL - Can YOU recognize them? You can check out more individual images posted HERE on my Facebook album :)

HATCH-INTERIOR-02
HATCH-INTERIOR-01

Interesting as well are the text descriptions that go along with the images printed, featuring words and phrases connected to the character itself. I also enjoyed that there was also a visual connection between the inked page, and the result being the color poster print, which Noval will be offering up at his booth in STGCC.

As previously posted, there will be three prints released exclusively for STGCC, each priced at SGD$20 (buy all 3 at SGD$50 only). They are also currently available for pre-order at GnB Comics (email gnb@comic.com.sg for details).

I seriously cannot speak enough of how awesome the posters look, and the images I had snapped here DOES NOT DO IT JUSTICE, not by far! My fav of the lot, has to be the amazing SUPER GIRL! So go grab some of these awesomeness, and tell him TOYSREVIL sent you!

NOVAL-POSTERS
HATCH-SUPERGIRL
HATCH_BLANK_COVER

Oh, and did I mention that there'll be a contest on the TOYSREVIL Facebook soon? (Better go "LIKE" my page asap!) *Stay Tuned*
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK