"And you will know me by the trail of dead: 2.0" by Ritzy Periwinkle for 'Purple' @ The Causey Contemporary Gallery Brooklyn

RITZY_PERIWINKLE_01

TITLE: "And you will know me by the trail of dead: 2.0"
DATE: 2012
MEDIUM: Mixed
DIMENSIONS: Approx. W 8" x H 24" x D 8"
RETAIL: US$1995
CREATOR: Ritzy Periwinkle

RITZY_PERIWINKLE_02 RITZY_PERIWINKLE_03

Ritzy Periwinkle shares with us information on a show she is in called "Purple" at the Causey Contemporary Gallery in Brooklyn NYC. Oct 19-Nov19. The line up is 12 women artists including Lady Pink, Miss Van, Queen Andrea and more (Full line-up here).
"When the curators asked me to participate they specifically asked me for a 3d piece so with the theme I decided to go with 2.0 version of my Santa Muerte character piece that I did for Art Basel 2011 that received an amazing response and sold. My current piece has a darker color scheme and is triple the size of the last one, standing at a little over 2ft." ~metioned Ritzy.
RITZY_PERIWINKLE_04
Purple Artist Statement: "Common themes found throughout my work include a celebration of diversity and the appreciation of the plight of the underdog. Santa Muerte only takes the lives of those that have wronged the innocent. My signature color palette of blue and red mixes to create purple, which governs the “Crown” Chakra and is responsible for her unique brand of humanitarianism." ~added Ritzy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK