Merchandize for 009 RE:CYBROG at Anime Festival Asia 2012

IMG_1757

At the 009 RE:CYBORG Booth at Anime Festival Asia, a variety of movie-related merchandize was made available for sale, coupled with the film's Director Kenji Kamiyam was behind the counter for signings, it was a swell opportunity indeed, and perhaps even a photo-op? Here is what I scored:

IMG_1798 IMG_1799
IMG_1800
IMG_1802
Below: Booklet pages
IMG_1804 IMG_1805
IMG_1803

"Sound of 009" CD, featuring music by famed Japanese composer Kenji Kamiyam ("Ghost on the Shell", "Sky Crawlers", "Deathnote"). A hefty price to pay for at SGD$55, while the music pretty generic upon first hearing, second hearing (yes, I listened twice lol) sounded more evocative! Would not doubt be more impactful upon viewing the movie perhaps? Shown above are images of the CD-package, which also included a sticker and booklet.

IMG_1810IMG_1813
IMG_1812

I really could not resist the Figurine Strap! But at SGD$20 per, it was a huge investment (oh but only if it was a Nenodoroid lol), but upon further inspection at home, the production was pretty clean for a figurine this size! Quite a delight, actually! If this ever becomes a part of a 009:Gashapon set, I might well go nuts for it LOL


[10 x images in slideshow above / Full-screen viewing]

Above are images of the "Brochure" - priced at SGD$20 (I think?) featuring colored images with it's pages of Japanese text, movie behind-the-scenes and articles about the director Kenji Kamiyam. A book perfect for the director's autograph! I remember even chatting with the booth rep about using white or silver pen to sign on the inside page on black!

But alas, once I paid for the items, the director was whisked away from his seat, to do a on-spot interview with a camera crew tight outside the booth. Were not Media opportunities organized in advance? And for that I am denied an opportunity to a signature, which was I looking forward to. The booth staff was courteous, but after waiting for a bit, I realize the interview would not end anytime soon (hey, I used to work production, and this is not a one minute soundbyte, c'mon). And I went away disappointed. Nevertheless I am sure I'll get over it soon, but perhaps next time I will reconsider "supporting" a movie by lavishing on it's merchandize hoping for a sole signature LOL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK