Previews for Luke Chueh's Art for "Turning Japanese" @ Idol Gallery (Dec 1st)

TURNING_JAPANESE_LUKE_CHUEH_01

Previews for Luke Chueh's art for the coming December 1st launch of "Turning Japanese" (Facebook) at Idol Gallery in Tokyo, to add to my previous ones. Online sales begins December 3rd via BlackBook Toy

I am extremely liking most of these depictions of iconic-imagery associated with Japanese pop and sub culture - from Kamen Rider to Takashi Murakami, to even the act of "seppuku" (gutting your own stomach) … heck I LOVE THEM!

TURNING_JAPANESE_LUKE_CHUEH_02

I guess I am also reacting to imagery that are familiar to me, which fuels the resonation beyond Luke's art, IMHO. Interesting to see if there are any further interpretations … would be interesting to see his version of Super Sentai (although he did release the Mecha Sad Bear with WonderWall for "Kaiju for Grown Ups" a while back…).
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK