Gabriel Tiongson for '12 Days of Xmas' (2012)

WHAT: With 12 days leading to Christmas Eve on December 24th (not counting the 21st, when it could be the "End of the World"), I asked 12 friends a series of 12 questions, and I received 12 different sets of answers which delighted me. I hope it delights you, dear readers! The fourth day of TOYSREVIL's "12 Days of Xmas (2012)" sees Phlippines-based artist Gabriel Tiongson aka DIKO with his answers to my Q&As!

QTN#1: Describe how 2012 has been for you, in one word.

GABRIEL TIONGSON: Eldritch (I take weird as a compliment :D)


QTN#2: What is the one thing folks might not know you did in 2012.

GABRIEL TIONGSON: I was a guest during STGCC. This was a truly humbling experience and I never expected it. I got to meet international artists, make new friends, reconnect with old friends, and just immerse in the toy and art culture. We got to share our art, exchange ideas and enjoy the company of people with the same interests. By the way I love the food in Singapore, always a treat when walking around for food. Pretty much this Video made by my best bud MR summarizes our trip before, during and after the STGCC:


DIKO-STGCC-DINNER

GABRIEL TIONGSON: Oh one thing folks may now know about me: I love my Vans and very much into sneakers.

QTN#3: Describe to us yourself in three words.

GABRIEL TIONGSON: Weird. Simple. Playful.


DIKO-SELF-PORTRAIT DIKO-SNEAKERS

QTN#4: Draw a self-portrait / Take a Picture of you upside down, or sleeping.

GABRIEL TIONGSON: This was a challenging request and hope you get a giggle out of my deep-sleep face. (This was taken by my sibling as I requested her to take it when I was KTFO)

DIKO-SLEEPING

QTN#5: Share with us your proudest moment achieved in 2012.

GABRIEL TIONGSON: I'm really happy and proud about my evolution in my artwork. This hatched after the Singapore trip. This new look and feel just makes me want to squeeze out more out of brain.

DIKO-SKETCH-2
(View drawings here)
DIKO-SKETCH

QTN#6: Share with us your most embarrassing facepalm moment in 2012.

GABRIEL TIONGSON: I was in Hong Kong enjoying a trip to theme parks along with my family. After a late dinner, we checked out a night bazaar. My cousin and I were checking out some trinkets. I was busy talking and haggling but I kept a steady conversation with my cousin. Little did I know she wasn't the lady beside me anymore. I only found out when I leaned in to whisper in her ear... *cringe* X_X! Double Face Palm...


QTN#7: Which is your single most favorite non-toy-related website in 2012.

GABRIEL TIONGSON: That may have to be Hypebeast. It includes alot of stuff about clothes, shoes, toys, events, art shows, artists, etc... Basically all the eggs in one basket.


QTN#8: Better to Tweet It, or Instagram It?

GABRIEL TIONGSON: Instagram works best for me since I link it to Tumblr, Twitter and FB. (IG name: DIKO_ART) *WINK*WINK*

QTN#9: 'Are you an Autobot or a Deception'?

GABRIEL TIONGSON: I'm an Autobot! Because Blaster is my favorite Autobot! He got the music... and the coolest rival in Sound Wave. Oooohhh he got some babies too.

DIKO-SOUNDBLASTER

QTN#10: What is your most favorite toy or piece of art you've seen in 2012?

GABRIEL TIONGSON: I've got to say that the Kaiju Zanga from Mark Nagata really gave my childhood a punch when I saw it in person during the STGCC. A good part of my earlier years have been dipped in Japanese anime and live-action series. When I saw it it blew my mind. It was beautiful and ugly at the same time. I love it and it made me smile up to my ears.



QTN#11: What should folks look out from you in 2013?

GABRIEL TIONGSON: I've been constantly striving to improve my art and unconsciously they have been evolving. 2013 is the year for new things. I've been planning to do some street art and putting more merch. And when everything is locked down and ready so that my figure Dodi can make its debut!

DIKO-DODI-1

QTN#11: What are you most looking forward to in 2013?

GABRIEL TIONGSON: I'm looking forward to meeting new people, making new material, and accomplishing my resolutions which is rare nowadays. Hehehe I can't wait to try new things. Thank you Andy for your friendship.

**Check out more of DIKO via his Facebook, Tumblr and Instagram!

DIKO-DODI-2

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK