GOODBYE2012/HELLO2013: Doktor A

TOYSREVIL: Share with us your most triumphant moment in 2012.

DOKTOR A: I had a good year work wise in 2012. Highpoints were by solo show in New York at MyPlasticHeart. My 5th solo show, which in itself is an achievement. But the opening was amazing. Such a great turn out of people, collectors and artists alike. It was so uplifting to have so many of my peer artists come by and enjoy my work.

MPHshowWallLorez
GDTdokShowLorez VoltDokSucklordLorez

DOKTOR A: Another high was completing a long gestating and complicated commission for a very influential collector and supporter of mine. And then being able to deliver it by hand and visit his amazing art collection in person. A thrill to be a part of that astonishing collection now.

And the Sucklord custom show at Designer Con was another high. Look at that photo of the artists involved.. Its pretty much a who's-who of the tip top of today's toy people … Amazing collection of talent. And a fun project to boot.

Designer Con 2012_1327

TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy, or piece of art you've seen in 2012?

DOKTOR A: I was really pleased to see Chris Ryniak get his own Dunny this year.. Its a cracking design and well overdue.. Love it.

TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2013?

DOKTOR A: Honestly I am most looking forward to Pacific Rim … I don't tend to know whats coming up art world wise its always a surprise to me. And likewise with toys … I am not as clued into whats in production as you are Andy...

As for my own products. I have a non toy piece in the works for this year which I am very excited about and my first Bronze too...

TOYSREVIL: I have nothing but "man-love" for the good Doktor's work, and am nothing short of amazed with whatever customs or original crafts he may produce. Check out more of Doktor A's Mechtorians via www.mechtorians.com / CLICK for coverage on TOYSREVIL: Doktor A / Mechtorians.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK