GOODBYE2012/HELLO2013: Luke Chueh

TOYSREVIL: Share with us your most triumphant moment in 2012.

LUKE CHUEH: I think my most triumphant moments or 2012 were when I had my shows in Chicago, London, and Tokyo. It's been one of my major goals to show outside of Los Angeles. To finally have shows in other countries and to experiences people and places around the world, it's like a dream come true.

LUKE-CHUEH-SCREAM LUKE-CHUEH-PLAYTHING LUKE-CHUEH-TURNING-JAPANESE

TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy, or piece of art you've seen in 2012?

LUKE CHUEH: I gotta say my favorite toy from 2012 is my "Target" toy (produced by Munky King). But asides for that, I'd say my favorite toys of 2012 are "Predator Samurai" (by Hot Toys) or the 40th Anniversary Mazinger Z (by Bandai). I'm also loving the Sriracha Dunny by Sket One.

TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2013?

LUKE CHUEH: This might sound a little vain, but I'm really excited about my 2013 solo show in Los Angeles (Corey Helford Gallery). I've been thinking hard about what it means to create a solo show, and the ideas I have will push me harder than any show I've done.

I'm also working on a project with Manilla Fresh which I'm stoked about. The tentative release for this is Spring 2013. And finally, Munky King and I are developing our next project (not sure when that will be ready).

Email: contact@lukechueh.com
Web: www.lukechueh.com
Blog: Igneusgero.blogspot.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/lukechuehart
Twitter: twitter.com/lukechueh
**CLICK HERE for all coverage of Luke on TOYSREVIL (yes, I spelt his surname wrongly and it stuck thru the years, my apologies :p)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK