GOODBYE2012/HELLO2013: Connor Watson ('Seraph' of DoomKick)

TOYSREVIL: Share with us your most triumphant moment in 2012.

CONNOR WATSON: I got the recognition of my peers at work as a model officer. It meant more than getting an award from management, because the people I worked with every day felt I was a leader and a role model. It would later lead to my being eligible for a promotion.

DOOMKICK-04

TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy, or piece of art you've seen in 2012?

CONNOR WATSON: The RealxHead/Uamou vinyl figures shown at NYCC this past year were the coolest toys I've seen all year. They combined the tough, Kaiju, sci-fi look of RxH Troopers with the cuteness of Uamou. If I could have, I would have taken out a loan to buy all of them. Mori from RxH and Ayako of Uamou are two of my favorite toy artists, and I tend to like almost everything they do.

TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2013?

CONNOR WATSON: For toys in 2013, I am most looking forward to AnyOldIon Toys upcoming sofubi figures. Matt Walls is a great toy artist from Australia, who I've been following for a few years now, and this is his most ambitious project to date. The vinyl figures have interchangeable parts, heads and weapons mostly, all great designs, with up to 600 different possible combinations. I think its an innovative idea that I've never seen implemented in this way before.

2012 started great for me, but ended with difficulty. I believe that 2013 will be a great year for me, DoomKick, and our extended toy family.

TOYSREVIL: Connor is the other half of DoomKick.com and goes by the nick 'Seraph".
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK