GOODBYE2012/HELLO2013: Daniel Yu

TOYSREVIL: Share with us your most triumphant moment in 2012.

DANIEL YU: I don’t think I could narrow it down to a singular moment. From the amazing friends that I’ve made through this scene, to the opportunities I’ve been blessed with, not to mention having my first production figure; I’ve a lot to be thankful for in 2012. Over and above all I’d say it’s being able to pursue the things that I’m passionate about; I couldn’t be more thrilled.

TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy, or piece of art you've seen in 2012?

DANIEL YU: I’m a total sculpture geek, so when I see good sculpting integrated into toy aesthetics I go nuts. I’ve been blown away by most of NECA’s offerings this year, particularly their movie licenses. I’m really impressed with how they seamlessly incorporate sculpt with articulation.

NECA-1
(Images from Daniel Yu)
NECA-2

TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2013?

DANIEL YU: For me I’m looking forward to what our local homeboys (and homegirls) will be bringing to the scene. 2013 is shaping up to be an exciting year ahead!

DANIEL-YU-TEASER

TOYSREVIL: Daniel closes the Q&A with a sneak peek at the figure he will be releasing with Mighty Jaxx in 2013. Meanwhile check out his work via his blog and CLICK HERE for coverage on TOYSREVIL!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK