GOODBYE2012/HELLO2013: Suhaimi Subandie

TOYSREVIL: Share with us your most triumphant moment in 2012.

SUHAIMI SUBANDIE: Too many to say it all here, especially personal stuff like family, so I'm just including the work/professional stuff.

The recent tribute exhibition for my 23 year old band Stompin' Ground must be the most triumphant moment not just for the year 2012 but my life. Never did we imagined one day we'd be appreciated & remembered that much for our contribution to the local music scene. Also the release of our 1993 single on vinyl. I've always wanted to see my music released the old school way with different colored versions. You can't beat the sound of analog!

STOMPIN-GROUND-VINYL

TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy, or piece of art you've seen in 2012?

SUHAIMI SUBANDIE: Most favorite toy of course must be the custom figures of my band by local customizer Daniel Yu. His work is just amazing & also have made me realized how far suddenly we've progressed in terms of original art & pop culture just in the past decade.

STOMPIN-GROUND-DANIEL-YU
(View WIPs here)

SUHAIMI SUBANDIE: Again to many to name, can I include at least 2 of my favourate artists? haha. This year I met a fan who eventually became a good fren, Isma Xtrospective must be the most underrated local pop/cartoon artists I've ever known. His contribution titled " Screw Calm" to my band's Exhibition gained alot of attention. Watch out for this guy!

The other most favorite art must be Michael De Pippo's "Muppets Electric Mayhem" Concert posters. Though it was created in late 2011, it was available through Acme Archives this year & was sold out by March. Love the retro pop-art look & Im a major sucker for Jim Henson's stuff

TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2013?

SUHAIMI SUBANDIE: What Im really looking forward to is not actually confirmed but like all the others longtime hardcore fanboy of the Star Wars franchise, I hope the Hasbro Jabba's Sail Barge is a go. There's a petition running on now online called "Bring On The Barge" which needs 10000 signatures for it to happen. Crossing my fingers.

Also I would like to add am always looking forward to all releases/work from our local artists/customizers. Support local, DIY FTW!

TOYSREVIL: Stay tuned to Suhaimi on his Facebook and SUHAIMIs GULLIVERs Chronicles.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK