Q&A with Nelz Yumul / A Look at SHATTERSPACE & SAMPLR

COVER-1
COVER-2 COVER-3

TOYSREVIL: What can you tell me about the two zines: SHATTERSPACE and SAMPLR? What do they represent / What are they for / Why are they so awesome?

NELZ YUMUL: Shatterspace was made last year. I love sci-fi, I love aliens and space. And I wanted to test my skills on doing the comicbook completely digital thru an ipad. So I did all the artwork digitally except the typography and finalization for final output.
"Shatterspace is about this last spacefaring nomad who believes he is the last of his kind. he stumbles upon a planet in search of intelligence but discovers more than he is looking for."
The other zine is called SAMPLR. Basically sampler of sorts of my illustration techniques. everything is done digitally. It also shows some of my current projects and doodles.

SHATTERSPACE-PREVIEW
[Interior pages for SHATTERSPACE]

TOYSREVIL: Are they available for public sales? Or are they given away as promos? Details, man! I am sure folks out there reading my blog wanna get a hold of them!

NELZ YUMUL: Both of them I sell during conventions wherein I personally do doodles upon request. I do want to get them sold online soon.

SAMPLR-PREVIEW
[Interior Pages for SAMPLR]

TOYSREVIL: On behalf of my readers; "SWEET!". What was the genesis of the zines? Are they your first (self) publications?

NELZ YUMUL: The zines actually started out as an outlet for me to do personal work and see them on print. I always love the smell of freshly printed material. I've done some zines before for local comics conventions in anthology format. These are the first ones that highlight me as an individual artist.

SHATTERSPACE-PREVIEW-1 SHATTERSPACE-PREVIEW-2
[Preview for SHATTERSPACE #2]

*Excitement* be my thoughts on the work of Nelz Yumul, founder of WeeWillDoodle in The Philippines! Managed to meet Nelz, and Karen (*waves*) over the Sunday just (where I bought more toys at CSC than I had expected I would - his "fault" too lol), and was blown away by the art found in these A5-sized zines! Thanks again for the zines, Nelz! (You make me not want to go ahead with my own sketchbooks and zines tho lol) … Nelz has this to wrap up this mini Q&A:
"I promise to do more for international market. We hope to get in the STGCC this year. You truly inspired us to do so…"
WEEWILLDOODLE
www.nelzyumul.com
www.facebook.com/nelzyumulart
www.instagram.com/nelzy
nelzfolio.multiply.com
www.weewilldoodle.com
www.facebook.com/weewilldoodle
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK