Full Reveal of ONI DON ANTLER by Javier Jiménez (for #ToyKarma4)

Javier-Jimenez-ONI-DONPANTLER-1

Since my earlier feature on the WIP of Javier Jiménez's ONI DON ANTLER, we now have a FRIST LOOK at the finished piece to share, and as well words from Javier himself on the design concept for this piece, exclusively to TOYSREVIL! This one-of-a-kind Oni Don Antler is set to debut at the coming "Toy Karma 4" show @ Rotofugi, launching October 5th!

"…I (had) wanted to make a very Japanese culture-influenced design for Don Antler. I thought that in shape, Don Antler may look similar to a demon, with the horns and stuff, and then I realized that he would look good with the colors of a Japanese demon or Oni.

As you know I love adding tattoos on my toys...cause I love illustration and I see those little tattoos as an opportunity to add little illustrations and designs to the toy. So I made Japanese-influenced designs for the tattoos, too."
Javier-Jimenez-ONI-DONPANTLER-2
"In the front: a skull with a Kabuto (samurai helmet), in both arms you can see Japanese ghosts: a female ghost and a regular ghost with this triangle headband. And in the back, a Kasa-okabe or umbrella ghost. I learned from these ghosts and Japanese monsters when I was a kid, thanks to watching Doraemon...and honestly I feel in love with them, being so different to western mythical creatures."
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK