My #AFA13 Scores

My toy-hunting adventures at the 2013 Anime Festival Asia Singapore was … a subtle affair. Chief on my TOYWANTS-List are figurines from "Attack On Titan", and while I realize most Nendoroids and Figma figures are not scheduled to be released as yet, I remained naively hopeful…

Second on my list were action figures from S.H.Figuarts / Tamashii Nation, direct from Bandai. Last year blessed me with Wild Tiger and Barnaby Brooks Jr from "Tiger & Bunny" (which lead me to the anime, actually)… And last but not least, gashapons / capsule toys, with TOUMA's MAO CAT and EYEZONS from Max Toy Co, to lookout for.

A humble list. But I am a humble collector of toyness, no? (Hey! Who's that giggling in the back???). And the hunt was afoot!

BUT, I'll spare you folks the blow-by-blow, and instead share with you the fruits of my incessant shuffling amidst the thronging crowds of AFA13!




The gashapon selection at AFA, was frankly pretty disappointing… or perhaps I had already seen most of them at my recent capsule-berseker-purchase at Toys'R'Us at Tampines Mall (images of which were instagrammed but not blogged here as yet ;p), and zero sight of either Mao Cats or Eyezons …. nevertheless, I pressed on with a couple of Hello Kitty Costume Swings (SGD$2/- per capsule) and Bustarts (SGD$4/- per capsule) featuring "Tiger & Bunny", and I am happy indeed with what I scored :)


I scored my first production Kamen Rider figure (my "first" KR was technically a custom Dunny by Ash!), and could not help but pick up the very last box of Wild Tiger, from "Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning" … making this my 3rd Wild Tiger figure from S.H.figures MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA ;p

Kamen Rider was a very decent SGD$30/-, while the Wild Tiger was SGD$35/-. How to resist, right? lol



Made a detour to the Good Smile Company booth, to look for Attack On Titan Nendoroids (reaaaally wanted a Colossal Titan Playset) and instead walked away with blind boxed Nendoroids Petite Hatsune Miku selection (or "mystery box" as they named it …). Price per box was SGD$10 - which I thought was a pretty decent price, I have to say!

Opened one at home and instantaneously fell for it! A closer look in another review-post :)


And while I had near given up on finding Shingekin no Kyojin toys, I spotted a small grouping of plastic wrapped figurines (size of keycharms) scattered around a 1" tall standing Colossal Titan, on a random display table, where I randomly stopped shuffling because the crowd had stopped in their tracks … and I spotted this cutey, and made him mine! The "other" Colossal Titan was not for sale tho, but you know what? I'm more than happy with this!


To sate my desire for Attack on Titan, I had ventured to the Artist Alley portion of the event (far-left of the event hall, folks!) to look for "Artists Depictions" of, and was met with multiple variations of pins, postcards, and poster prints, and this particular impression of "Mikasa Ackermann" caught my eye, and I made it mine, complete with the artist Germsie's signature! (Purchase yours' online here). Good day at AFA13 as far as I am concerned :)


"Last" purchase to share, was a "surprise" for me … remember that Hello Kitty x Kamen Rider mash-up mask I scored at last year's AFA? Somewhen recently I found the mask cracked, no doubt being crushed underneath a pile of graphic novels, and was in return "crushed" as well … but guess what? I chanced upon it again at AFA this year, and at a cheaper price too! So yes, it was indeed a fortuitous toy-hunt day for me, I admit :)

So what did YOU buy? Email me with pic(s) at toysreviler [at] gmail.com / Tweet me @toysrevil / Upload on my Facebook Wall at www.facebook.com/toysreviler :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK