About Chauskoskis' New Sofubi Sculpt for 2014

Mexican-based Winner of the Artist of the Year in 2012's Designer Toy Awards, Chauskoskis teases an upcoming brand new sofubi, featuring a character created and sculpted by himself! Here are a couple of snaps to gawk at (one of which is an exclusive "first look" on TOYSREVIL!), and as well a few words I had with Walter!
 Am pretty excited for him, and hope to bring you folks more updates in the near future :)


TOYSREVIL: I would understand that you might be keeping your figure under wraps for the time being, but what can you share about it with us? It's "name"? "Size"? Estimated date of arrival?

CHAUSKOSKIS: Standing 9" tall, (I had initially worked on it) without any size in mind. I'm just doing it the size it looks cool LOL

Can't reveal the name because it (will) reveal what it is. I expect to send it to Japan asap I have the sculpt at 75% i think...



TOYSREVIL: After working on so many vinyl characters for other designers, why only now to do your one self-produced sofubi?

CHAUSKOSKIS: (First) I need to check if everything is doable. The sofubi Can be tricky. And why now? It's all about "timing" … (I have) always (been) busy doing shows, stuff for other artists etc … But I have my own projects in mind for so long, dozens of ideas and characters … But time and money is always an issue.

So now my stuff will be my priority. But for sure I will keep doing sculpts for others, so much pleasure on that!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK