Voting Begins for "3A Customs and Kitbashes 2013 Awards"


Currently up for your voting considerations on Facebook are nominees for the 3A Customs and Kitbashes 2013 Awards - featuring a variety of categories to be awarded, you are limited to 3 votes per category (though you can like as many photo's as you want), with comments left at the picture indicating your vote! So remember, you HAVE to comment to leave your vote … And please, don't go voting for yourself hahahaha

Voting ends December 15th, and the winners will be awarded nifty trophies! I personally love fan-originated contests for 1/6th-scaled hobby (remembering good old days of OSW contests I had participated in, and even blogged about). 2013 is ending soon, so time to give props to some dedicated customizers and hobbyists!

"The contest is just another step from the I am Legion show from a few years back. The community that started there has grown up and out from just the 3A forum and they've spread across the internet in places in other forums, and sites like pinterest, facebook, and international sites as well as custom shows around the world.

About a year ago a talented customizer named Mr. Munk asked a great question, "Why isn't there a group page on facebook to share these great customs in one place?" and I thought about it and realized not only was he right but if someone didn't step up it might not get done. So I jumped in and got the ball rolling. The artists came in quickly and really imrpessed me. So after a year or more of the group page growing both in members and in terms of amazing customs I felt it was only right to do somethign special and give back to the community that inspires me daily. And that is what this award show is about.
"
-said James Brown, organizer for the awards, exclusively to TOYSREVIL.

"We started off with just a few categories though I think next years awards will have many more. The rules are fairly simple so far (I'm making it up as I go along, which is sort of the ThreeA way at least for me lol…).

In the end, it's really all about having fun and seeing people create and share their love of toys. For me nothing brings back those days of our childhood like seeing great original toys you wish you could own and theres always some great toys being created in the THreeA group. I look at a lot of the nominated toys and just wish we had a carded poster like that of the old Star Wars or GI Joe packages. I'd probably dream of owning them all.
"
-added James Brown.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK