TOYSREVIL'S Top Ten 2013 Toy-Wants

Sat in-between two walls of brown boxes, in assorted sizes, stacked in varied heights, like rickety-skyscrapers threatening to topple, cluttered around the TOYSREVIL-HQ aka "my work-desk" … the sound and breeze of the table fan blowing runs in my eardrums, and keeps my face cooled … my fingers freeze in mid-air, mere millimeters above the keys on my battered laptop, hovering, as I pondered a question; "Do I Really Need More Toys?"

I never "needed" them. I just WANT them, I just HAVE TO HAVE them … and henceforth, this post was born …


2013 was wrought with a ridiculous amount of toys I wished I had … but then again, "wishes" are what keeps the "dream alive", eh? (Or so I comfort myself lol).

Regardless of accessibility, availability and ability, listed here are goodness which caught my eye but never did make it to my toy-hoard (which I now no longer call "humble collection" muahahaha), and yet another self-indulgent blog-post (*cough*) … Permit me to present to you my toy-desires for 2013, with TOYSREVIL'S TOP TEN 2013 TOY-WANTS!


NUMBER 10 TOY-WANT FOR 2013:
And while a few editions have since been released from Blackbook Toy, what really piqued my desires, were the Dark Hell Edition of A CLOCKWORK CARROT from Medicom Toy! The color combination of black with accented orange for this 14" tall sofubi is irresistible for me, and is a more interesting contrast than the earlier "screen-character accurate" ones based on the classic Stanley Kubrick movie, and by now pop-culture iconic image, IMHO.

I've since held one piece in-hand, and long to have one (or two ;p) in my collection. Makes it all the more desirable since I heart both the film and Kozik's work lol


NUMBER 9 TOY-WANT FOR 2013:
Technically Ron English's TEMPER TOT in OG Green was released in 2012, while both the Popaganda-exclusives Pink and Monochrome were released in 2013 (not hugely keen on the Metallic Greentho … except if the torn-pants were in "pink" instead - juz'sayin!) … but I'd cheat here and list the HULK-GREEN as my WANT! LOL

Comicbook character + Subversive Lowbrow = *Awesomesauce*


NUMBER 8 TOY-WANT FOR 2013:
And while Doktor A's BELLA DELAMARE (produced by Arts Unknown) had been on my "Top 10 Toys To Look Forward To In 2013"-list, but never made it into my toy-hoard. And while I awaited for artist Proofs to be made available on the Doktor's online shop, by the time it was listed, my "means" was left wanting … and I would do so like to include more production releases from Doktor A in my collection …

With a variety of editions released, my toy-heart is still with the OG Regular Edition. Nothing really says "steampunk" than good old "bronze", methinks :)


NUMBER 7 TOY-WANT FOR 2013:
This was a surprising piece I'd desired since seeing the initial sculpt by Chauskoskis (initially named "Antichrist" and intuitively changed) - is "ANTICRISTO 666" designed by Frank Mysterio, now a sofubi! Unfortunately, TOYSREVIL hasn't been on top of Anticristo-news of of late, since Mysterio has stopped sending me email updates :(

And while a myriad of colorways and editions have since been released, the all-Black is a Dragatomi-exclusive, and I am currently saving up to score one of these editions on his online shop! Don't go fighting with me for them now! LOL … but OMG do I want that clear vinyl one! *fans-self-with-limp-hands*


NUMBER 6 TOY-WANT FOR 2013:
"TRAYJUS" from Scott Tolleson featured his original sculpt by himself, and debut at his solo show "Misrememberance" at Dragatomi. Long been a (silent) fan of Scott's work ever since discovering his Tricycle Terror back in 2008 (Interview With Scott Tolleson in 2011)

A sculpt with an attitude and a mysterious scrawl, loving the custom-painted ones, but ultimately loving the sculpt itself!


NUMBER 5 TOY-WANT FOR 2013:
I really like (most of) Kidrobot Black's releases (especially KURO MEGAMI by Junko Mizuno - my most-wanted in 2012, and perhaps of all-time "Top 20s") and in 2013, Alex Pardee's DigesTED got my toy-blood a simmering for it! Released in March, and priced at US$200 - C'mon, who won't love a gnarly-grossout teddy bear with an alien bursting thru? MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAA


NUMBER 4 TOY-WANT FOR 2013:
Since making my Top 10 Toys To Look Forward To In 2013, I've had an entire year to attempt to procure a MECHA AZTECa from Jesse Hernandez x RAJE toys. but alas all I have to show for it is this post, and a man-tear of unrequited lament.

I heart me sum robots and giant mecha, and with the irresistible traditional Mayan heritage infused into it's design ala the fantabulous stylings of Jesse Hernandez, maketh an awesome collectible, IMHO.

And while I would gag for the Silver (it is after all, a "chase" edition), I would gladly go for the Regular Edition.


NUMBER 3 TOY-WANT FOR 2013:
LES VIANDARES by McBess x Kidrobot is a splendid vinyl personification of his art and undeniable style, especially with the two ladies in embrace, a spirit seen in his illustrations.

Having seen and held the item in-hand (thanks, Mike!), it has left me many a nights lusting for the piece to be in my toy-hoard, right next to another earlier toy-babe, his Half-Mermaid :)

Yes, I dream of babes … TOY-BABES! … ;p


NUMBER 2 TOY-WANT FOR 2013:
Ever since posting about his PICO MAOCAT, I had been gagging for them since, visiting numerous events and gasaphon spots in Singapore, always hoping, and alas, always disappointed - with not finding them anywhere! And next thing you know, there's a ONE PIECE X MAOCAT series???

To be utterly fair, I am not a huge fan of "One Piece", but hells do I want them gasaphons, ALL of them!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA


NUMBER 1 TOY-WANT FOR 2013:
In a toss-up between Michael Lau's 12-inch BB(s) (for CSBOOTH18) and his first series of GARDEN(PALM)ER, I'd choose the latter! Produced by How2Work, the first line-up of 10 x 7"-tall articulated figures featured fabric clothes in 1/12th-scale. with which the aesthetics reminding me of my past obsession with Michael's Gardener Series … and this was a fantastic reminder of my excitement for "toys", in the first place. Being a fan of ML and as well 1/6-hobby, this is a swell marriage of "articulated awesomeness"

(Above montaged blogged from TOY PEOPLE's unboxing snaps)
DISCLAIMER: And while it may come across as a "whiney" article "gagging for freebies", let me assure you, the main aim here is to share my personal thoughts … free toys always welcomed though! *cough*
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK