Movie Review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" lives up to it's hype & more. Running at a little over two hours long (136 minutes, to be exact), this film deserves a decent viewing and you would be tantalized for MORE! And I meant that in a good way!

I was so engrossed by the proceedings that I did not question the believability of the scenario (which was deliciously so "comicbook", and makes absolutely "comicbook sense") and characters depicted, and just enjoyed the ride … and only when the end credits scene come in (you know by now to stay at least until the principal credits roll, folks!), I was then reminded of the "bigger picture" that which is the Marvel Universe.

Some say this film is MARVEL's finest, and find it hard to disagree, with this being the most coherent and "believable" film thus far seen, for me personally. While hardly in the stratosphere of the "Best" Superhero films, it is at it's subtle best above a whole chunk of genre flicks.


FYI#1: That mid-credits scene would make so much sense if you know about what's currently being filmed in Italy, otherwise the connection is not so evident immediately, especially if you'd read comicbooks as well. And that reveal that (somewhat uneasily) leads to the character(s) reveal is oh so intriguingly exciting, that I think ties to either Guardians of the Galaxy, or the third Avengers movie...

FYI#2: There apparently is a END credits scene, right until the end of the closing credits, but I had missed that totally and am utterly gutted now ggrrr. (But thanks to a friend who sat all the way thru, I now know what the scene holds, so that's coolbeans)

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" turned out to be my kinda movie, and I did not even know nor expect it to be. One of MARVEL's celluloid triumphs, in that they keep you wanting MORE, and believe you me, this film makes you itch for more! Give it a chance, and give it a watch.

***READ the rest of my movie review posted here on POPCORN-X, which includes MINOR SPOILERS and snaps of Hot Toys' 1/6 adaptation of this MARVEL movie, featuring Captain America in both Golden Age Version (seen at Bugis exhibition) and in his S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK