Comics from Thailand: TOYSREVIL @ Bangkok Comic Con 2014


There exists - somewhere on this desolate laptop of mine - a "fabled folder" containing multiple images of an exhibition of comic books from Thailand - which I really need to post - snapped on my last trip to Bangkok in 2012. Fast forward to Bangkok Comic Con 2014 last weekend, I managed to spot a couple of booths selling anthologies (I effin'heart 'anthologies') and had even pawed a few compendiums! *PAWED & LUSTED AFTER*

But being the practical schmuck that I am (or "sometimes" becomes), I weighed the 'pros' of wanting to witness & own awesome art, and the 'cons' of being finically wanting, coupled with being unable to read Thai - skuttle any notions of purchasing them … nevertheless, I did manage to score a couple of issues of MALANGSAAB THE ROACH, although it bugged me incessantly (pun intended) that I missed getting Issue #1 before they were sold out … I might not be a "completist", but I need "closure", weever if it's the "start" … heh.


For an event termed "Comic Con", there sure were not a whole lot of representation of that genre tho, with the focus squarely on media properties / characters and licenses … Perhaps the "Thailand Comic Con" held earlier had a better showing? Two national conventions a year, folks! How awesome is that? LOL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK