#DailyDoodlers On TOYSREVIL: PEDMONS #bandofdoodlers #bodindetention

WHAT: In anticipation of their first group exhibition "Detention Class" at Detention Barracks on July 11th, TOYSREVIL will spotlight artists from Band of Doodlers in this #DailyDoodlers blog-feature, with a lil'Q&A and doodles! Enjoy the read and RSVP on the Events Facebook Page!

TOYSREVIL: Please share with everyone reading; what is your doodling-nick, and who are you? And why do you do the things you do?

PRATAMA/PEDMONS: Hi! I’m Pratama Eka Dharma, also known as PEDMONS. basically I have an exceptional attachment towards red color. Versatility is the name of my game; I am curious to explore various mediums and types of media. You can say that I’m a jack of trades – I illustrate, animate, sculpt and as well as spray paint graffiti.

My invented character of R.E.D, aka Redeemed the Ethereal Demon has been an iconic representation of myself. Since 2010, R.E.D has seen the light of day through my graffiti, mesh modeling and also illustrations and stickers. My wish is to turn R.E.D into a vinyl toy by the year’s end. Do check out R.E.D’s development through my Instagram account (@pedmons) or search #pedmons.


TOYSREVIL: What is your dayjob? And why do you love to doodle? And what do you love to doodle?

PRATAMA/PEDMONS: I’m currently an Animation, Graphic and UI/UX designer in my current office. Mostly I refine my sculpting and illustration skills at night. (sleep is for the weeeeek)

I have always believed that doodling is the basis as an artist. Doodling came naturally to me, from my spare time to the busiest of days. My doodling inspirations stems from tradition and mythology; I want to translate their majesty onto paper, at the same time fuse them and R.E.D together.


TOYSREVIL: Which is the character you would most want to doodle, but have not yet? And why?

PRATAMA/PEDMONS: All I can reveal is that it would be a series that would include babies and jars. It is still in conceptual development as I have been busy juggling both work and freelancing. However I will be working on it soon, so stay tuned!


TOYSREVIL: What did you do wrong, to be sent to "Detention Class"? And what can we expect to see from you in "Detention Class"?

PRATAMA/PEDMONS: Life without doodling is pure boredom. Detention Class is where all the doodlers are there to show off their skills, so that’s where I’m headed!

Put aside any expectations you might have! At Detention Class, there would be a wide variety of art styles, interpretations and ideas all contributed by different creative personalities. They will be speaking through their works and that is what I find fascinating. We are working hard to bring a new standard to the scene, to rise above the usual expectations. Thus I hope you as the viewer will be enticed by what I have to deliver through my illustrations, only here at Detention Class!

Artist info:
Name: Pratama Eka Dharma / PEDMONS
Web: www.behance.net/PED
Email: pratama_ed@gmail.com
Instagram: @pedmons

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK