Stormy BigFist & PerFett: TOYSREVIL's Toy Review & Genesis from Topz Greenfull ToyDsign

"Stormy BigFist" & "PerFett" by in da house! Hailing from Thailand, there has been a storm of independent resin slingers brewing in "The Land of Smiles" for some time now, and today we get to take a closer look at these two pieces (thanks for the goodness, dude!), along with a lil'Q&A and more behind-the-scenes snaps to gawk at!

Meanwhile, feel free to head on to topztoy.storenvy.com to see what other goodies to pick up!


This imagery of PERFETT is quite irresistible for me! The stylish stance of Hiroshi Takahashi's manga "Crows" somehow fits perfectly with the badassery of The Fett from Star Wars, and this mashup is my cuppa brew! I've seen various colorways and painted versions before, with this scarlet hue a sweet delectable piece for me personally.

And while the finishing of the piece is pretty rough, and paint application not on point, the sheer style trumps it all, IMHO ~ LOL


TOYSREVIL: Could you explain the concept of PERFETT?

TOPZTOY: I see Sucklord customize many characters, so fun! (So) I had Jango Fett's helmet put on "Crows" figure. And when I Instragram a snap of it, a lot of my friends liked it, and then I made look like green army toy. "PerFett" sound like Perfect, but I made it mean "Life not perfect"


I first featured this 5" tall resin when it was made for a toys show @ Espionage Gallery, and had enjoyed the distorted stylized form (which in turn reminded me of a Taiwan sci-fi manhua I owned a decade back ;p).

The "root bear" colors of this semi-clear resin figure makes this collectible sweeter than it appears. If not painted in white and black, you might be hard-pressed to recognize this instinctively as a "Storm Trooper" from Star Wars, and that to me personally is a huge part of the "charm" of the design, which looks more extreme-sports than sci-fi trooper, IMHO.

The finishing for this piece is not as smooth (but better than PerFett) and even seem clunky, but that to me, is another part of it's charm, the flawed allure of hand-made "indie toys" :)


TOYSREVIL: How did you arrive to the concept of Stormy?

TOPZTOY: BigFist developed from my "Ape Dragon" - a Chimpanzee with wings. Making Ape Dragon was not easy in resin, and I tried to make prototypes in many variations … "BigFist" is like a relative of "Big Foot", and last year I made a prototype for friend, and I thought it look good to be "Stormtrooper".

[All images and more uploaded unto my dedicated Facebook album]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK