Introducing NOODLE with Sarah Isabel Tan - Upcoming New Collectible for Singapore Toy, Games & Comic Convention 2014 #STGCC2014


The coming Singapore Toy Games & Comic Con (Sept 6-7, 2014) will see the debut of a new collectible produced by Mighty Jaxx, and today we have a micro-chat with local illustrator Sarah Isabel Tan AKA The Real Firestarter (you might remember her Pacific Rim poster for STGCC2013) about the panda who has an obsession with noodles, aptly named; "NOODLE"!

This edition of NOODLES is limited to 300pcs worldwide, and will be available at STGCC for SGD$60, while online/internationally, the price is US$60 (excluding shipping). No timeline for online sales listing as yet tho.


(Turnarounds for Noodle)

TOYSREVIL: Who is "Noodle"? Introduce to us the panda with a bowl of noodles on his head!
SARAH ISABEL TAN: Meet Noodles, the panda who has an obvious obsession with… noodles. Always seen with a bowl of noodles on his head, Noodles is more than happy to share them with you and impart to you the joy of his favourite food. From la mian to laksa and meepok, Noodles doesn't discriminate! He does prefer ramen though. 

(Unpainted 3D Print sculpt)

TOYSREVIL: (I'm a meepok-tah fan myself ;p) What was the genesis of Noodle (and subsequently his friends). How did he come about?
SARAH ISABEL TAN: Sometimes, noodles happen. It started off with a bunch of panda illustrations which I was idly messing about with when I suddenly thought about how much pandas actually eat in one day. Pandas spend most of their waking hours eating bamboo and only bamboo. That's pretty boring. I started thinking what if pandas could get other kinds of food to eat? What would they enjoy eating the most? The next thing I knew I had pandas eating noodles, steamed buns, kumquats and dumplings!

(Painted 3D Print prototype / Not exact colors)

TOYSREVIL: Was Noodle ever created to be made into a collectible? How did the Mighty Jaxx connection come about?
SARAH ISABEL TAN: I decided to make Noodles into a toy after enough friends encouraged me to try my hand at toy design. He existed fine as a drawing but to have him available as an actual 3D object, that was something else altogether. I guess that in a way he was created to be made into a collectible, the idea being that you would eventually be able to collect Noodles and his fellow dim sum panda friends and have a cute collection of pandas with their favourite foods.

I was recommended to go to Mighty Jaxx to get my toy manufactured and to my great surprise it turns out that the owner, Jackson, was my junior when I was in the polytechnic. They've been great with everything so far and have been very communicative throughout the entire process.

(Packaging Box Art)

TOYSREVIL: Tell us where to look for Noodle? ;p
SARAH ISABEL TAN: Noodles will be launching at STGCC on the 6th of September at the Firestarter Design booth, AA34!
Stay absolutely tuned to TOYSREVIL for final product pics!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK