Goodbye "Crazylabel"

A MESSAGE FROM ANDY WOO OF CRAZYLABEL: "Today marks the 9th anniversary of Crazylabel and we are officially closed for business. I started Crazylabel in 2005 with a simple idea - it is intended to be a platform where designers can express their craziest ideas. I’m very lucky to be able to work with some of the most talented people for some crazy ideas, and over the years many fans became my friends too.

I’d like to thank everyone that has supported us by buying our toys, and of course all the creative people that we have worked together. Crazylabel is not just a brand, it is all about the community.

In Chinese 9 is a lucky number, and is a homophone of the word for “long lasting”. I’m not leaving the toy world, and I’m here to stay. For many of you, I believe we will cross path soon. Here’s to the next Crazy project.

Best Regards,
Andy Woo
Crazylabel"
The www.crazylabel.com website, Facebook page (facebook.com/crazylabel) and Twitter account (@crazylabel) will be closed soon. The online store has since closed (as of his post). Follow Andy's personal Twitter account (@_wooandy) if you want to connect.


Crazylabel was one of the very first toy brands to reach out to support a no-name-blog and virgin blogger way-back-when, by providing me with my first Treeson for a review, while not knowing what a full-blown toy review was, it certainly gave me a surge of courage and enthusiasm! (You totally rock, Andy Woo!)

And subsequent collaborations include an illustration contest Drawing Cumulus and Treesonisms leading to the exclusive reveal of the 8" Treeson were the few highlights of my blogging career, where I was not just "regurgitating" news.

For me personally, Bubi Au Yeung's Treeson had become synonymous with the Crazylabel brand, amidst all the glorious art toys in their stable, IMHO.

And just the other day, I was wondering what the next Crazylabel project was! Endearingly, my own brother had previously bought Ren and was a fan - asking about new versions - even though he does not collect toys in the first place! I am truly sad to read this. You have left a whole where our hearts are, and and "Crazylabel" will be well missed in this art toy culture we dwell in.

Be Well and Excel In Whatever Plans You Have, Andy Woo!
Cheers
Andy
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK