#INKTOBER2014 Feature: Jeff Ranjo

WHAT: *#INKTOBER is essentially an art challenge whereby folks draw an ink illustration each day for everyday in the month of October. In this series of blog-features, TOYSREVIL will showcase an artist each day(-ish) and their works for Inktober 2014 - Along with a lil' Q&A, of course!*

WHO: Jeff Ranjo
WHAT: Story artist at Walt Disney Animation Studios
WHERE: jeffranjo.tumblr.com
SELECT STYLE for INKTOBER: "No style in particular. Just trying to keep up!!"

TOYSREVIL: Why did you start Inktober for 2014? Did you do the previous years?
JEFF RANJO: I did Inktober for the first time last year, hearing about it on Instagram. This is my second year doing it. It's an artistic marathon basically. The challenge to see if you can make it to the finish line. Some people can and some can't. The real challenge is keeping up daily. I'm behind 3 days already!! Sometimes life gets in the way.

TOYSREVIL: Is there any specific "theme" you are going for, for this year's Inktober?
JEFF RANJO: Not really. I try to keep it open so I have multiple options. I find inspiratiion in many things so I can find something. The deadline is the best thing for an artist because it forces you to finish something. Artists and unlimited time are a deadly combination.

TOYSREVIL: What are you hoping to achieve with executing this project? Do you intend to finish it?
JEFF RANJO: My primary hope is to just make it to the finish line. I was pleasantly surprised that I did finish last year. The thing I really enjoy is I get to do a finished inked piece a day and end up with 31 illustrations at the end. When I was a teenager I wanted to be an inker for Marvel comics so this is a chance to get back to my roots. Also I get to flex a muscle that I normally don't get to because storyboarding is about finding the best idea and not about a finished drawing.

TOYSREVIL: You can check out more Inktober sketches on Jeff's tumblr, and as well look out for a (possible) "Best Of" publication somewhen, and as well (resin) 3-D sculpts of his creations! *EXCITED*
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK