Davidthekiller's Top 10 Toys for 2014

WHAT-IS: *Celebrating 2015 with a series of "TOP TEN TOYS FOR 2014" as picked by fellow plastic-crack-addicts … eerrr … I meant "fellow toy collectors"! It doesn't have to be released in 2014, it just has to be purchased / gifted / unboxed in 2014. Living my toy-dreams vicariously through you collections! Share Your Toy-Joy, people!* [CLICK to read all]
"Andy ToysREvil invite me to write top ten figures of 2014, it is never been an easy job to decide especially some of them still in box and man, i shop a lot this year! But i am trying hard to bring the best 10 that i actually 'opened' on 2014, thank you Andy for this." -shared @davidthekiller (Instagram / Twitter)
(#10) SADAKO from S.H.FIGURARTS [Featured on TOYSREVIL]

WHY: "For some, it is just too scary, but for me, this figure is something i must have, Bandai SHF did amazing thing and thanks for them for making it, it was done with great details. Even the (character's) face was sculpted but it was never meant to be shown since it was all covered with hair, and only when you buy the figure you can know how beautiful Sadako is!"
(#9) DARTH VADER 1/6 from SIDESHOW [Featured on TOYSREVIL]

WHY: "Sure it's not perfect and not Hot Toys, but this is still one of my favourite this year. One of the most iconic characters in the world is a must have, back then, Sideshow brings it and yes, it comes with the alternate head which i am sure in the future, there will be one from Hot Toys (that's after many2 versions of vader that is lol)"
(#8) LION MARU by MEDICOM TOYS

WHY: "I love sofubi, and I love old characters that reminds me of my childhood, (and) Lion Maru is one of them. I've never actually owned a lionmaru figure until now. Thank you Medicom!"
(#7) SYNTETHIC HUMAN (EXCLUSIVE VERSION) from 1000toys

WHY: "This exclusive version is actually a better design than the original one, I have fun taking photo with this one as well, looking forward to see more stuff from 1000toys for sure."
(#6) UNRELEASED BUNNY from FLUFFYHOUSE

WHY: "I just have to put it on the list. Got this as my birthday present and was given from Fluffyhouse directly, it is just too special for me and the figure has not been released to public yet, how awesome is that?"
(#5) JOKER DX 1/6 from HOT TOYS [Tagged on TOYSREVIL]

WHY: "It might be an old figure for some, but for me, it is still quite new as I just unbowed recently. I've been collecting almost all HT Joker figure and this sure thing one of the best one, love to take a shot of this prince of laughter!"
(#4) ISHIDA HO-NYU (THE JINGI) from DEHARA YUKINORI

WHY: "I have been interested with Dehara Yukinori's works (since) last year with satoshi figure, with his own style that's unique, it should be in one of my fave top 10, this version shown 'japanese yakuza' that is just a must for me!"
(#3) ROTTEN REXX (FLESH) by JAMES GROMAN X LULUBELL TOYS

WHY: "Best sofubi of the year for me, amazing detailed by James Groman, great concept and it's huge! Looking forward to see the full color version next year (yup pre ordered that one too)."
(#2) BB ORANGE 1/6 by MICHAEL LAU [Featured on TOYSREVIL]

WHY: "Michael Lau is already like The Godfather in designer toys, with the recent new releases that I have opportunity to buy at Toy Soul , it is just great especially to meet up the man himself, although most of the new exclusive releases are cool, I chose the most impressive one which is BB Orange. Orange, great costume, another awesome suit on the inside and not to mention a cool packaging too!"
(#1) SYNTETHIC HUMAN from 1000toys

WHY: "There are some toys that (had) I predicted to be a successful one, (and) my prediction sometimes hits a bullseye. And this is the example. While some collectors are still looking for this, I have been wanting this since the first proto was shown, ordered straight away without thinking. It is just an amazing figure in term of many things, the quality and the articulations are top notch and like this one is moving another level in one sixth category."
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK