ICTOYS Top 10 Toys for 2014

WHAT-IS: *Celebrating 2015 with a series of "TOP TEN TOYS FOR 2014" as picked by fellow plastic-crack-addicts … eerrr … I meant "fellow toy collectors"! It doesn't have to be released in 2014, it just has to be purchased / gifted / unboxed in 2014. Living my toy-dreams vicariously through you collections! Share Your Toy-Joy, people!* [CLICK to read all]
"First I would like to thank Andy of Toysrevil for making me do this. This is an excellent way to end 2014, and got me thinking while looking around my toy shelf, which 10 would make it into the list. I knew it's not easy, and I had to switch position a few times. As you can see, my collection is pretty diverse, though not as much as the diversity you found in Davidthekiller's collection - he's just on a completely different level! Anyway, here are my top ten toys of 2014! Looking forward to another awesome 2015 and we should do this next year too!" -shared Indra G Masribani (ToyKultur / IG @ictoys)
(#10) SIDESHOW MARY JANE by SIDESHOW

WHY: "I never collect statues before, but this year I have to give in to SIDESHOW's Mary Jane. Such a photogenic figure as well - her pose, smile, and freckles are just adorable. Can't wait to see Gwen Stacy as well soon."
(#9) ADAM WEST 1966 BATMAN from HOT TOYS

WHY: "This guy is the BOMB! such a witty character. He might not be for everybody, but with the accessories (shark repellent, anyone?), multiple expressions, box that can be turned to diorama, plenty of hand gestures - I'm finding it hard to resist him! I'm not too excited about Robin, but displaying Batman on his own is just wrong. I wonder if Hot Toys gonna continue and maybe make Joker and the Riddler? This figure is reviving the good ol' classic series, I even bought the HD version to re-watch the series all over again!"
(#8) WANANEKO THE YOKAI CAT by JAVIER JIMENEZ

WHY: "I knew Javier from the custom negora he did back in the days. Combining cuteness and thug life, Javier has this unique style which easily recongnized, and when he came up with his own character, the Wananeko cat, I knew I just had to add him into my collection! The amount of energy, creativity, passion and love he poured into Wananeko is crystal clear! Javier even did a short animation telling the background story of Wananeko, the yokai cat. How's that for passion?"
(#7) HELPER by TIM BISKUP

WHY: "This piece has been a long resident in my toy-wishlist. I love the character top to bottom. As his first vinyl figure, Tim Biskup definitely nailed it. But since it's such an old release, I wasn't expecting much, and people seem to love them since I rarely saw them for sale. So when a friend of mine selling his (and such a good price as well!) I don't need to think to get it. Definitely a permanent resident."
(#6) WOOD DONKEY by AMANDA VISELL

WHY: "I might be bias about this one, since there're 3 items all by Amanda Visell on my list, but that's just how much I love her work. Saw this piece over at Paulus Hyu's residence and fell in love. The small stool that came in the set is just so adorable! As a toy collector, you know how good it felt when you found an item that's not commonly for sale, and for a reasonable price too. Another permanent resident. (I'm still looking for the 17" fiberglass wood stool by the way)."
(#5) KRAWLUSS by MVH x SKINNER

WHY: "What has two heads, pumpkin orange in colour, huge, and packs some serious punch while looking so awesome?"
(#4) GALAXY & DAYTIME NEGORA SET BY MAXTOYCO x CANDIE BOLTON

WHY: "Negora by MAXTOYCO is probably 2nd kind of toys that dominate my collection (1st goes to all the dunny). When two of your favorite artist collaborate, you just can't say no. And boy am I glad I get this set. Both is done with extreme amount of details - Mark with his signature galaxy details (doing all those stars must have been tiring, unless he has an army of elves.. or minions.. hmm, who knows. And I can't get enough of Candie's amazing illustration. This girl is a rising star and I'm proud to have some of her original creations among my collection. A must for all Negora fans!"
(#3) WOOD LABBIT by AMANDA VISELL

WHY: "Same reason as point no 6"
(#2) NIMBUS SLEEPWALKER (OG colorway)

WHY: "Paulus Hyu is a good friend, my Battlefield 4 comrades, and a mentor (in one way or another). I love his Nimbus character because it is based on his own family. Nimbus is real. Such a good color combination as well, love the wash paint job! No other reason needed."
(#1) BED MONSTER NIGHTMARE EDITION by AMANDA VISELL

WHY: "The holy grail of my Visell collection. Well, sort of. The holy grail will be the original colorway, but the edition number made me didn't want to put my hope high. I consider myself VERY luck a good collector willing to sell his to me, without having to bust my wallet as well! (if you're reading this, really, sincerest thank you from me). When Andy asked me to choose my top 10 toys of 2014, this piece sits straight at number 1. No competition."
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK