Iskandhar Shahril's Top 10 Toys for 2014

WHAT-IS: *Celebrating 2015 with a series of "TOP TEN TOYS FOR 2014" as picked by fellow plastic-crack-addicts … eerrr … I meant "fellow toy collectors"! It doesn't have to be released in 2014, it just has to be purchased / gifted / unboxed in 2014. Living my toy-dreams vicariously through you collections! Share Your Toy-Joy, people!* [CLICK to read all]
"I started out with collecting Androids from DeadZebra and just recently started to branch out into other designer vinyls. And oh boy am I in trouble! While there’s tons of cool stuff out there, I limit myself to one that I can afford and like and here are my top 10 picks for the year." -shared Iskandhar Shahril (IG @iskandhar_shahril) AKA customizer Zander Customs!
(#10) 3.5" Omen Blink Monochrome Orb & Eclipse

WHY: "No doubt Coarse makes some of the coolest figures out there and their quality is not notch, but the price point has always been a hindrance for me. But these 3.5” Omens are not only affordable, they have the same quality and well, they’re pretty cute! So naturally, I gotta have ‘em!"
(#9) Muttpop Tequila Black Bean [ Blogged on TOYSREVIL ]

WHY: "This is an oldie but it is still one of the most awesome designer vinyls out there. There’s quite a number of designs/colorways but this has got to be my favorite one. What’s not to love about an all-black vinyl figure? Just dig the menacing look and stance of it!"
(#8) Storm King Machine (OG and Toysrevil Edition) [ Blogged on TOYSREVIL ]

WHY: "I’m a Star Wars fan and anything cool that’s related to it is a go for me. When I found out that Quiccs will be launching the resin figures at STGCC 2014, I knew I had to grab one. And you gotta support your homie, so I grabbed the Toysrevil Evil King Edition too! Again, they look awesome with the colorway and stance!"
(#7) APO Frogs (The Ghosts of Fallen Frogs Edition) [ APO Frogs on TOYSREVIL ]

WHY: "First saw them at STGCC 2014 and they look pretty cute with their pastel colorways. That and the lack of funds mainly prevented me of getting them then. But when they recently announced this black/white set, these little froggies just had to be in my collection. The addition of the raincoats is pretty rad too!"
(#6) Mini Trooper Boys

WHY: "These were already available from Flabslab but at 14”, I just do not have the space for them. These 4” versions were introduced at STGCC 2014 but somehow, I missed them even though they were right there at Quiccs’s booth! Been kicking myself ever since but they were re-released again and rejoice! Now I’m waiting for the Red/White Edition and hopefully they do a Mini Boba and Mini Darth!"
(#5) Jon-Paul Kaiser’s Captain Sturnbrau Mini Qee

WHY: "Also a fan of pirate related stuff, the Captain Sturnbrau Mini Qee was an instant favorite the moment I saw it. No longer available thru retail outlets and online stores, I was lucky to score this from eBay at less than retail price! And finally JPK is getting a production piece out on the Android platform and was stoked to find out it’s the Captain again! No pirate hat though but I think I can manage to make one for it!"
(#4) 10YR EDITION MAD*L SET [ Blogged on TOYSREVIL ]

WHY: "Top notch production quality, great design and awesome price point! And oh yeah, it’s Black and White! What’s not to like? Like it so much I got 2 sets! Haha! One of the coolest platforms out there."
(#3) Secret Base Rebel Ink by Usugrow [ Rebel Ink on TOYSREVIL ]

WHY: "Another favorite theme of mine… Skulls and Bones! These Japanese Vinyl figures have some of the coolest colorways but as usual, it’s gotta be Black for me! Always released in limited numbers, the previous colorways are almost impossible to find. I’ll be keeping a lookout for the future releases for sure!"
(#2) Hell Lotus Mono [ Hell Lotus on TOYSREVIL ]

WHY: "Designed by a local artist, Clog Two and produced locally too by MightJaxx, there’s just something about the figure that screams awesomeness! A serene looking meditating body with a skull head, giving you the finger! Now isn’t that just serene and awesome at the same time? Big shout-out to Keegan of Trampt for putting this up for sale! I’ll definitely keep my eyes open for future releases of this bad boy!"
(#1) THE LAST KNIGHT: BLACKEST NIGHT EDITION [ Last Knight on TOYSREVIL ]

WHY: "The original release of the Last Knight is definitely the best designer vinyl from Andrew Bell, if not the best out there. That release showcases the awesome production quality and paintwork plus an awesome packaging too! When the Back to Back Black editions were teased on Instagram, I knew I had to get my hands on the Last Knight. And it does not disappoint! I hope Andrew does more colorways/designs in the future cos I’ll be all over it!"
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK