Lai Yui Wai's Top Ten Toys For 2014

WHAT-IS: *Celebrating 2015 with a series of "TOP TEN TOYS FOR 2014" as picked by fellow plastic-crack-addicts … eerrr … I meant "fellow toy collectors"! It doesn't have to be released in 2014, it just has to be purchased / gifted / unboxed in 2014. Living my toy-dreams vicariously through you collections! Share Your Toy-Joy, people!* [CLICK to read all]

The love for toys and toy-photography by Lai Yui Wai is indeed strong and addictive, and you can partake of his passion via his Instagram @lai_yui_wai, especially his recent fascination with photo manipulation! Meanwhile, here is his TOP TEN TOYS FOR 2014:

(#10) Balloonz Set by Naoto Hattori x VTSS

WHY: "The balloonz animals : bull dog, elephant, monkey, sheep and owl are so beautifully made that you can't miss it!!"

(#9) M.FUJI (Centre) by Moe Nakamura

WHY: "I was hypnotize by its beauty when I first saw its image printed on the entrance tickets for TTF2014. "
(#8) Cacooca Spacesuits Panda by Cacooca

WHY: "This cute Panda in spacesuits is very adorable and I'm very lucky to catch the last piece at TTF2014. It was nominated as the official Designer of the Year Award resin toys."
(#7) Bad Apple Liquid Erosion (Right) by Mighty Jaxx x INSTINCTOY

WHY: "My first purchase from Mighty Jaxx in 2014.....been wanted to own 1 before this but always sold out."
(#6) Byron by Shoko Nakazawa (koraters)

WHY: "I just want to own it when I first saw them at TTF2014, love Shoko's hand painted art on these cute little creature, its flawless!! "

(#5) Molly and Unicorn 8th Anniversary version by Kennyswork

WHY: "Check out the picture, its drop dead gorgeous!! "
(#4) Greedo (Centre) by 1000 Tantacles Studio

WHY: "My jaw dropped when I first found out this was 100 percent hand sculpted and painted from scratch individually at STGCC2014. Only 5 (master copy) were made for each character and I'm very fortunate to own 1."
(#3) SG Trooper Boy (Center) by Flabslab x ImagineNation DesignStudios

WHY: "I a big fan of Star Wars but never wanted to collect their action figures (actually I did have but was stolen!! 1977 vintage ones!!!). I was attracted by it at the event "May the 4th be with you" at Jurong Library. Had a very polite chat with Mr Jeffrey Koh from Flabslab, and to my surprise, he is the nicest guy I have ever met!!"
(#2) Spectrum Loic & Gummy Bear Loic Series by BanaNa Virus

WHY: "I couldn't get my eyes off with these cute and unique bears during a exhibition at the Wrong Gallery Taipei 2013. Was honored to meet Virus in person so I thought I can buy 1.....just 1 bear from him BUT they are not for sale.
Available ones already sold out! Lucky me I manage to get more than 1 in 2014."
(#1) Crayon Rainbow Mucky 7th Colour (Center) by INSTINCTOY

WHY: "I fell in love with it when I first lay my eyes on it at STGCC 2013. I got my 1st Mucky then till now.....its 7th released already and I'm still in awe with them! "
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK