Marine Ramdhani's Top Ten Toys for 2014

WHAT-IS: *Celebrating 2015 with a series of "TOP TEN TOYS FOR 2014" as picked by fellow plastic-crack-addicts … eerrr … I meant "fellow toy collectors"! It doesn't have to be released in 2014, it just has to be purchased / gifted / unboxed in 2014. Living my toy-dreams vicariously through you collections! Share Your Toy-Joy, people!* [CLICK to read all]

Hailing from Bandung, Indonesia, is Marine Ramdhani (IG @marine_ramdhani + Tumblr), who has created an array of characters made in resin with My Tummy Toys, with JOUWE in vinyl one of his signature characters in the toy-scene. As well a good dear personal friend, and fellow collector whom I enjoy toy-geeking out with, how can I not ask what his TOP TEN TOYS FOR 2014 were? LOL

(#10) Omen by Coarse

WHY: "I'm not really a fan of Coarse, but I think it is still important to have it, at least one or two piece only, and "animal" figures are always my favorite ... and the smooth coarse work, its always my homework for me to, because I designed Jouwe also with smooth platform..."
(#9) Interactive Astroboy

WHY: "I got this in some toys shop In Surabaya when I launched my Jouwe toy a few month ago … I always to visit toy-shops in some cities bro, but starting with this, I think I have decided that I will not open it - "Save", bro Hahahahaha"
(#8) Captain Maxx

WHY: "I always love Ultraman and Mark Nagata's work, and again "thanks" to Mr DTK, who is always poisoning me with this, I finally got this figure, not purchased online but from my friends from Brother Hood Of Toys."
(#7) Pirates Bunny

WHY: "Yep 2014, I don't know why but I think I'm a fan of Joe Ledbetter, and this Pirates Bunny its the biggest Joe Led Toys that I got in 2014, I love his work a lot....very consistent and smooth, and another thing I like is that most of his figures are "animals" :)"
(#6) Jon-Paul Kaiser 3/40 (Dunny Series 2013)

WHY: "Dunny by Jon-Paul Kaiser - like the Birro Clown Dunny - made me really happy when I saw this … an artist, who I had seen started around the same time together with me, whose work has now grown and became a well known artist - I love Jon-Paul Kaiser's strong work character, using black and white color.

Actually this Dunny is stocked in my shop, but I cannot stand to grab it by myself, ya maybe I'm also a fan of JPK now, especially when this Dunny has different shape, like an animal to hahaha , really love it ... I know this not a "rare dunny" or expensive dunny series, but he still kept his style in his work, plus a bit of red maroon color - wow really nice!"
(#5) Birro The Clown Dunny by Chauskoskis

WHY: "… and finally, I managed to get this cool Dunny! I'm a fans of Chauskoskis - he is a great sculptor, and I knew him since we met online and posted in the Vinyl Toy Freaks forum (around 2008-2009), and I remembered he had a special thread at that forum, until finally he signed with some big designer toy company in US … And thanks again to my Bandung toys buddies Melisa Kurnia, who want to share this Dunny with me - thank you Sister! :)"
(#4) Boba Fett Classic / Collector Series Kenner

WHY: "Star Wars was a start for everything to me, thanks again to all my friends, who can keep this cool Bounty hunter figure for me … and I bought it when Hari Raya came, so it's like a Hari Raya gift for myself hahaha! And of course Bounty Hunter is one of my fav, beside Jango Fett and Stormtrooper … I found this at Star Wars Day In Jakarta :)"
(#3) Go Shogun 1981

WHY: "At the end of 2014, my friend from Zero Toys had an event in Jakarta where I got this from, and yes it's one of my fav Japanese Figure in 80's, in vinyl too! In order to "save" this from children, I had also decided not to opened it :)"
(#2) Gaiking Classic

WHY: "WOOW - it's like a dream that I finally had it in 2014, I think this is the tallest and the biggest figure that I have in 2014! I love japanese Robo figures since I was child, start from Grandizer, now hohoho I got this vinyl gaiking - I love it bro! I also got this at a cheap price as well…yiipiiii!"
(#1) Zaku - Gundam Kit Bandai

WHY: "I love this because now my son is starting to make a gundam with me bro, and I so love it! But in the other hand, I must now be more careful as it is a "kit", and this toy is actually only for display only laa LOL"
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK