#throwbacktoythursday: Custom Dunnys by JPK + ZAM (circa 2010)


I was reminiscing #throwbackthursday on my Instagram today, and featured snaps from 2010 when I was invited to Thailand for CLEA 2010, and in particular the opportunity to witness and hold in my hands custom-Dunnys from Jon-Paul Kaiser an ZAM Art, both of whom were done for an art trade between the artists themselves!

Left agog, I could only but asked if I could display them at my booth at the event, and propped up a little spot and snapped these images … Do check out more featured in an earlier blog-post.


Prior to this, the only other times I have seen customs from either gentlemen were from online pictures from my own bloggery, so it was an utter delight to experience them first hand, and with that, affected the way I blog about custom toys since too, specifically relating to the notion of cherishing the experiencing works in hand / in person, versus seeing them online. The tactile experience makes quite the difference, methinks!

JonPaul Kaiser has been an uber-prolific customizer still unto this day (I can't catch up!), while Zam is no longer as active in the art toys scene, and is currently concentrating on his tattoo art at Visionary Tattoo Long Island … I truly miss his oriental-infused art tho … :)

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK