TOYSREVIL's Top Ten Toys For 2014 - #6: SYLVAN (Firecracker Edition)

A photo posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


I've always been a fan of Gary Ham, and his woodwork-styled aesthetics appeal to me ("wish fulfillment" perhaps? I pretty much sucked in woodworking shop ;p), be it translated into wood or vinyl, the wood gruff and crisp design always comes through. And one such toy that reflects both mediums, is SYLVAN from Pobber Toys.

Made quite a difference between seeing it online, and holding the piece in person (I am a pretty "tactile responsive" person), and I had a chance to own one from Pobber circa STGCC 2014, where the Firecracker Edition made it's debut, and I was esthetic! Who wouldn't be?

And it is not without Nationalistic Pride in having this collectible on my list, truly :)

A photo posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


The strong and vibrant acid colors grabbed at my eyeballs, and the eclectic notion of a fictional circus brought me to many a wondered fantasy lands faraway and near - and any toys that help my mind wander, is a good toy to me. Funnily, I had never expected to be charmed by this particular colorway when I blogged about it, in fact, it was my least favourite … :)

Check out my earlier posts on Sylvan the figure in it's varied editions/colorways, and expect a more in-depth toy review (besides this prelude) to come in 2015 :p
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK