"Lil Jeffe" by Daniel Yu for #DeadCelebrities @ KULT


Seen here today is Daniel Yu's rendition of "Che Guevara" - meant for exhibiting at the DEAD CELEBRITIES group art show launching April 2nd at KULT Gallery (C2-5, 11 Upper Wilkie Road, Singapore 228120), and as well he shares the behind-the-scenes making of the figure, from his initial sculpt from scratch, to paint finish - all viewable in full on his Instagram @thedanielyu

"I jump a lot between sculpting, resin casting and painting. Usually the most nerve-wracking one to get back into is sculpting, especially if I haven't done it in a while. I've found that the best thing to do is dive right into it, and hope it's exactly like riding a bike." - shared Daniel.
"I don't often get a chance to sculpt hair, but next to hands it's probably one of my favorite things to work on. There's just something about its fluid nature that allows me sculptural freedom, yet it's fleeting in the sense that it's almost impossible for me to replicate a second time." - mentioned Daniel Yu.


>

DEAD CELEBRITIES is a group art show from KULT opening April 2nd at the C2-5, 11 Upper Wilkie Road (Singapore 228120) and we have a smattering of WIPs and final artwork since posted HERE on my new blog #POPAAART! (Dead Celebrities - Los Idols de la Muerte on Facebook).
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK