Inside Skeletor's Lair circa #SDCC2015



And while I've essentially come to terms with the fact that I may never be able to visit the annual San Diego Comic-Con in my current lifetime (no, I am no longer bitter, no…) - one aspect of this year's celebration of geekry involved a locale outside of the San Diego Convention Center, but directly connected to SDCC itself: The "Skeletor's Lair" Pop-Up shop!

Located at 701 8th Avenue San Diego, the shop space belongs to the newly minted "Super7 San Diego" storefront from Super7, and this year, they've decked it up sumthin' fierce to coincide with a specific theme: "Masters of the Universe"!

Access is somewhat daunting at first glance - you must first secure a token at the Super7 Booth #4945 or the Mattel Booth #3029 INSIDE the San Diego Comic-Con 2015 halls, then you would be able to gain entry to the "Lair" (Details Blogged) - where a practical neon light sign has since been set-up at the entrance window to welcome you!




Once in, you will be treated a wall-mounted head of He-Man's Battlecat (made by Pretty in Plastic - we'll have a closer look at the "how-to" soon on the blog), splendid framed artwork from Jason Edmiston (@jasonedmistonart) of Skeletor comfortable in his den/lair (nice touch this), as well MOTU wallpapered display niche, featuring toys and collectibles galore - themed specifically for this event! Front and center being Amanda Visel's Castle Grayskull, flanked by her Skeletor and He-Man resin figures, bagged-n-tagged and after my own heart ~ *sigh*

I write as if I had been physically present in the premise, but alas, as alluded at the beginning of this post, I am NOT at SDCC and neither have I even stepped foot on American soil in my life! Nevertheless, my sincere thanks to he folks who've taken pictures of the stop and instagrammed them, thus allowing me an ever slight taste of "what-is" ")

Skeletor’s Lair Pop-Up Shop Hours:
Wednesday – 9PM – 12AM
Tursday – 11AM – 9PM
Friday – 11AM – 9PM
Saturday – 11AM – 9PM
Sunday – 11AM – 9PM

*Pics from @brianmccarty @super7sandiego @amandavisell
*Additional pics from @henrytloh @heathermicheletv
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK