#Inktober2015 Artist Spotlight: Thomas “Toche” Tanbonliong (IG @fallingorbsproject)


TOYSREVIL: Do you have a particular THEME for your Inktober this year? If the answer is "no", do you have a particular preference of illustration/style?
TOCHE: "I was thinking of starting a theme for this years Inktober but It felt more fun to just draw from what inspired me that day. I know that to make it through Inktober it should be fun at the same time challenging for me to create illustrations I can be proud of and hopefully like minded people can appreciate.

As you might have noticed, I start by using my own character as a base and from there try to create illustrations that would fit and change my character into something unique and interesting to see. Just like creating vinyl customs from blanks."
TOYSREVIL: Please share with us your "tools" you use for your sketches.
TOCHE: "The tools I use are as follows:
- Rotring 300 / 2.0 mm mechanical pencil with an eraser (forgot the brand) for base sketch
- Uni Pin Fine Line 1.0 pen black. For finer details I use 0.5.
-Artline Calligraphy pen 3.0 for outlines and shadows
- Zig Calligraphy pen with 2 tips on each end, a 2.0mm and 5.0mm also for shadows
- Zig Scroll & Brush 2 tips pen when I do need them.
- Uni-ball Signo white ink pen when I need to cover up mistakes or make white details
- Zig Brushables with 2 tips grey and light grey ink for shadows
- Zig Calligraphy Pen with low on ink for dry brush shadow effect"
TOYSREVIL: WHICH drawing is your favorite piece out of Day 1-10? And WHY?
TOCHE: "My favorite so far is Day 01 because I drew the characters my son and I created and made it into a comic book style illustration."

TOYSREVIL: WHERE should folks go to see your Inktober for 2015, and for more of your art?
TOCHE: "You can check out my blog site @ fallingorbs.blogspot.com, Instagram @fallingorbsproject and Inktober 2015 album on Flickr."
TOYSREVIL: Thanks for the trouble, and looking forward to seeing more of HelpBot in 3D!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK