BJORN LIM’s TOP TEN TOYS of 2016

WHAT-IS: Was 2016 a good year for you collecting toys? BJORN LIM (Collection on TRAMPT / Instagram @kopiwriter) shares with us his TOP TEN TOYS OF 2016 today (And you can too), in a serial feature lasting the whole of January 2017, as we look back at a year of toys! Share Your Toy-Joy!

TOP TEN TOY OF 2016: #10 - Aidan by Prodip Leung and How2work
BJORN LIM: C'mon now... After getting Kiefer in 2015, Aidan is a must-have. Besides, how often do you see a crazy cool toy with horns and a spiked fish for a bat? (Prodip #onTOYSREVIL)

TOP TEN TOY OF 2016: #9 - Devil Boogie Man (Metallic AKA X-Ray) by Cure Toys
BJORN LIM: I have always wanted a Boogie Man by Cure Toys ever since I chanced upon its photos online. My photo doesn't do the toy any justice but trust me, the colourway and the see-through body revealing its guts inside are drop-dead gorgeous. I think this figure really set me on the slippery sofubi slope of no return. One thing's for sure, this won't be the one-and-only Boogie Man on my shelves. I need more!

TOP TEN TOY OF 2016: #8 - The Simpsons Mr Sparkle by Kidrobot
BJORN LIM: Homer Simpson is my eternal idol, and Mr Sparkle - the "brave corporate logo" - has finally been produced by Kidrobot. If you are a Simpsons fan, you gotta have it on one of your toy shelves.

TOP TEN TOY OF 2016: #7 - Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope - Sandtrooper by Hot Toys
BJORN LIM: I wasn't exactly a Star Wars fan until my mate Greg convinced me to watch the movies (Episode IV to VI). Ever since then, I always wanted a Sandtrooper but the after-market prices of the Sideshow Sandtroopers were crazy expensive. There were then some rumours that Hot Toys will be acquiring the Star Wars licence so I held on, and voila, Hot Toys Sandtrooper became a dream come true!

TOP TEN TOY OF 2016: #6 - A Clockwork Carrot Lil Alex (Bait Edition) by Frank Kozik and BlackBook Toy
BJORN LIM: A Clockwork Orange is a cult classic which inspired this toy. While there are many colourways, this Bait Edition is my favourite. Check out the carrot inside! (BAIT Edition #onTOYSREVIL)

TOP TEN TOY OF 2016: #5 - Death by Godmachine and Mighty Jaxx
BJORN LIM: The imposing silhouette, flowing cloak and glossy finish really make this toy stand out from the rest. Godmachine's prints are generally very popular, and you are not going to get a better chance to own one of his work in toy form than this one. (Godmachine #onTOYSREVIL)

TOP TEN TOY OF 2016: #4 - Acid Juice (Corroding Creep) by Pickled Circus
BJORN LIM: Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice! Pickled Circus has a dope range of severed head in a jar which captured my imagination for the longest time. I managed to talk myself out of buying one until the artist released a Beetle Juice variant which crumpled my voice of reason. It's a permanent fixture on my table now because I'm shallow and it's a beauty.

TOP TEN TOY OF 2016: #3 - Boba K. Slave by Fools Paradise
BJORN LIM: Boba Fett is one of my favourite Star Wars characters, and Fools Paradise has re-imagined the galaxy's dopest bounty hunter based on the nostalgic coin rides. (Boba K. Slave #onTOYSREVIL)

TOP TEN TOY OF 2016: #2 - Bootleg Man by RealxHead
BJORN LIM: Of all my sofubi toys, the RealxHead figures definitely occupy a special place in my heart. There are actually many variants (usually spotting a different head sculpt and/or arm attachment) out there, and this is my current favourite - the eyes and left arm attachment glows in the dark. Plus, this is a Xmas gift from my wife!

TOP TEN TOY OF 2016: #1 - Fetal Bavegung Itchinesu by Atom A. Amaresura and RealxHead
BJORN LIM: I'm absolutely in love with the Itchinesu figure and all of its different colourways. I also like the fact that the head sculpt reminds me of H. R. Giger's Alien. At the moment, this is my favourite because the colourway is simply dope.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK