toysrevil @ singapore toy & comic convention 2008: day one (preview night)

STCC-MURAL-1
["Live" Mural Drawing outside the entrance to STCC Hall603
l-r: Mori Chack / Pete Fowler / Simone Legno (Tokidoki) / Nada-One / Gary Erskine / Kika]

Man, I am pissed. Pissed I don't have money to spend at STCC - becoz, seriously, the stuff that's popped-up today on Preview Night makes me consider getting an adult diaper for the weekend on the Con-floor (XL-please, thanks) ... and methinks tis an utter crime to not spend at a Con (yes, I'm silly that way *giggle*).

STCC-MURAL-3
[Completed Mural]

Quick-recap before I either post pics or crash for the night/morning (2hours sleep in the last 36-going-on-40-ish is taking it's deadly toll and my weary body is shutting down faster than it used to) - which means I'll have to forgo the free STCC BE@RBRICK giveaway in the morning (age has not been kind to me) and that bums me out quite a bit :/

CLICK THRU FOR MORE - but only if you really want to LOL



For Vinyl-Heads, the surprising selection ranged from TTF'08-exclusives teasing me back thru the display case at the Monster Taipei-booth! VCD TTF TOFU? MOLLY BE@RBRICK? for sale, NOW? ... To Play Imaginative's impressive selection of vinyls sized from 2.5-inchers to 18-inchers. If I could, I would swipe everything on display in Touma's and Devilrobot's booth too, seriously. Pete Folwer's goodies were pure eye-candy (okay, that sounded wrong...). Teh crowd literally mobbed Simone Legno / Tokidoki for his apparels (and I've pictures to prove it too LOL):


Tokidoki's selection of vinyls stood proud via the StrangeCo-booth, just diagonally opposite Tokidoki's. The only things missing from the line-up are the Hello-Kitty plush collabos and Bulleto. I am gagging for the Skeletrinos, Cactus Pubs - hell, EVERYTHING! (no, I am not greedy ... just have a high appreciation for cool-products LOL), Mori Chack's plushes and wide-screen display popped-out thru the display-case. There's loads more I've yet to discover and post *stay tuned*

TOKIDOKI-TOYS

A huge part of me feels saddened that I'm not "otaku" enough, becoz the amount of goodness (altho I've been reading in some quarters this may not be the case for them) around leaves me feeling total ignoramy (which is a fact of life, so I'm told *cough*) and missing out on the Gundams and various evil characters teasing me from within their blister-cards! And I dare not even approach the Hasbro Star Wars booth! LOL

I'd lurve to describe the energy of the Con, but frankly I was pretty out of it, like an out-of-body-experience, but still encased within the hollowed shell of my wretched manly bod (*cough*) ... and I think I sound totally gay when I did a con-floor voxpop for AXN - and I felt dirty for plugging my own blog, DIRTTTYYYYYYY

Bitching about what the Con lacked will be saved for a post-mortem, meanwhile I really do wanna be jazzed up for this tho, and seems my joys outweight my complaints, so that's good in my humble little black book :)

Frankly, the only obvious "disappointment" I wanna share now, was that the Medicom Toy's booth did not allow photography. The items on display have been seen online for quite a while now (and most have been blogged about too) ... to deprive collectors and hobbyists an opportunity to shoot and share, is a pity ... and I'm sorry I can't get to geek-out along with my readers.

Gotham Knight rawked. Ixnay on photography on the back-of-crowds facing screen. Fair enough. Wish someone would turn off the house lights where the screen was (visuals were washedout) but of coz I reckon offing the house-lights ain't as easy as a flick of the switch (need to fire and start-up etc). Gotta find me a way to get the DVD darnnit!

One of the few best bits of the Con was chatting up some booths (that only sounds wrong becoz you is naughty-minx) - will post in details more when I find the time and energy ... as well as meeting folks who read my blog, and fellow bloggers! Seriously, there is NOTHING like face-time with folks who read your shitte and you theirs LOL



It was nice to meet you Shaun, NeoConvoy, Marine and Helmy of MyTummyToys, and always a pleasure, Aiko-Chan! and Alan - you ran away before I could snap pics LOL

And yes - surprising even myself - I was a thoroughly irritating groupie - going around snapping pics with Touma, Mori Chack, Nada-One! (madman that he is) Fowler ... Simone is teh mobbed, so hope to find a chance within the next 2 days, as was the very stern looking Devilrobots. (Scared to approach them maaaaan) oh wells...

The Mural Painting down @ Butter Factory turned out to be a quasi-delight, with me struggling to stay away and alive (forget about smiling tho - no smiles allowed when I iz a zombie) - but when the gents took the board, I was sitting down on the main dancefloor (just behind their boards and snapped away serendipeously (spl) ... where else would anyone have a chance to sit on the dancefloor of a club? LOL

BUTTERFACTORY-MURAL
[l-r: Mori Chack / Touma / Katai of Devilrobots / a "randy" Simone Legno LOL :p]

Frankly, the indignity of flashing my crack via my low-slung jeans to the joyous crowds behind me, compared not to Day Zero (STCC Set-up night) - when I spent an entire evening+night on the con-floor, with my fly undone. All I can say is, thank gawd for camo-print bermudas.

I feel like a teenager again (and that's a hella flashback-stretch, lemme tell ya!) and I am uber-jazzed about my first con, and I don't effin care if I sound like a meatball gushing! LOL ... just wished I had the energy of a teenager, or even the fortitude to perserveer ...

Today (becoz tis already Saturday now) is the first day Open To Public. I hope to be able to cover more ground and products and maybe even catchup with newfound friends ... and hopefully on Sunday, I can slack-off (what? ya think I'm getting paid for alla this? LOL) and to go in not as "Media" but as a fanboynerd, and basically geek-out. I wanna bring some of my toys out for a photo-shoot - the theme being: "Toys Day Out At A Toy-Con" - anyone wanna join me?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK