Lord Ravage Has Arrived

After sating his blood and wanderlust, finally my LORD RAVAGE [tagged] Sucklord600-submission had arrived at Munky King - unfortunately missing the Suckadelic Group Show [tagged], but nevertheless now made available for your procuring consideration :)
LORD-RAVAGE-BLISTER

And as embarrassed as I am of posting this (only becoz it didnt make the show-opening, but not becoz I'm not proud of my own effort ;p) - CLICK THRU for more pics of Lord Ravage: Undead Warrior of the Deadlands! ... Or go direct to my Flickr-album or Multiply (including a separate album for artwork - as well as my interview on BlogClops on the making of this figure (yes, I am such a cyber-'ho ... shuddup). LOL


[YouTubed / Music by MUON]

Work-In-Progress Pics:
RAVAGE-WIP

Being hardly an "artist" and sorely lacking in painterly-skills, I'd opted for a more "kitbash" mode of customization (I am but still a 1/6th-scaled hobbyist at heart :p) with the addition of loose parts from various other toys, most notably Lord Of The Rings and McFarlane figures. Once the pieces were in place, it was first entirely covered in matt-black spray, then dry-brushed on with silver - for a mono-chromatic color scheme, with an addition of red for accents.

Comparisons with PHU!'s work apparently is inevitable, as evident as the multitude of comments have been. One is a master, the other a novice (me, duh!), so all I can do is but truck-on to carve out a TOYSREVIL-style, innit? All good :)

RAVAGE-NO-AXE
[Above: Lord Ravage without Battle Axe / Below: Ready to split-n-slice]
RAVAGE-TURNAROUND

RAVAGE-09
RAVAGE-05
[Shown below is the Original SUCKLORD600-vinyl figure designed by Sucklord]
RAVAGE-SUCKLORD-01

Some Artwork-fun here:
DRAWING-RAVAGE

An image that popped out the most, while I was looking at the original Sucklord600-vinyl figure (pre-custom), was of a lone warrior in armor character I sketched up a decade or so back (circa 1995-ish? / aboe-far-left), and subsequently went along the lines of a quasi-Medieval Viking Warrior (the horns did it for me LOL) and finally decided to go all fantasy / LOTR-ish on the figure's plastic-ass LOL! And of coz, he had to be "Undead", and no self-respecting Undead Warrior goes without copious amounts of "blood" LOL

RAVAGE-DRAW-01

This 10" x 13" piece was done to accompany the custom-toy, and is one of the more (if not "only") fully realized "painting" that I've done in years! (*yikes*) - for which I sent the original along with Lord Ravage - that's right = the blister-backing board is NOT a print, but the original painted piece LOL

RAVAGE-DRAW

Grey Marker and Ink base on recycled grey cardboard. Poster paints to finish, with red splatter. I decided on a text-less final product when I started on the piece, altho on hindsight, I could've scanned the image and added text via photoshop and sent over a print-out instead of the original thing (but for the lack of time and resources, but that's my own fault :p). Regardless of the result, I'd love to attempt more paintings, in between blogging (somehow) of coz LOL

P/S: a major shout-out to Morgan (aka Sucklord) for his patience and for the trouble, and for giving me the opportunity to be listed amongst such ubder-talent! :)

[Humbleness is when you're in a list of creator-superstars, and you miss the show dateline to boot]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK