The Art of Wendy Chew 2: Q&A + Visual Review

WENDY-CHEW2-01

TOYSREVIL: Why the concept of both pinup art and character sketches for The Art Of Wendy Chew 2? I am curious about Part 1! Is Part 2 a continuation? Or a different direction?

WENDY CHEW: Book 2 is not a continuation. It's just showcasing more artworks I had done for the past year and 8 never-seen-before artworks. The difference I can say about this book is that it combines both my original artworks and fanart works. Book 1 is totally showcasing my original artworks.

As for the idea of pinup art and sketches is that I like drawing girls and pinup art is more focused on drawing girls. I also like the retro vintage feel. Sketches, I feel that it will be nice to show some of my ideas which had not been drawn to vector art yet and to show the readers the process from sketch to vector art.   

WENDY-CHEW2-05 WENDY-CHEW2-04

TOYSREVIL: With your expansive presence on DeviantART [ mashi.deviantart.com] - why publish a literal book? Is the book self-published?

WENDY CHEW: Yes, the book is self-published. The reason to publish a book is to let more people see my art and some who would like to collect art books can get a copy too. As I'm one of those people who like to purchase art books published by artists, I feel that it's nice to hold a book and flip and look at the pictures other than just see them online.  

WENDY-CHEW2-06

TOYSREVIL: Any criteria you had in mind when choosing images for the book? Any specific illustrations made especially for the book?

WENDY CHEW: Hhhmmm..The images I had chosen is what I felt presentable or interesting. There's no specific criteria since this book has no theme to it, it's just to showcase my work. 

As for the specific illustrations that I had made specially for this book, you'll have to flip and search. :P One of them is the series of game console girls. :)  

WENDY-CHEW2-03

TOYSREVIL: Are you happy with the book? And what can fans look forward to from Wendy Chew / Mashi in the near future?

WENDY CHEW: I'm quite happy about the book though I feel I could have made it better. Maybe next time in my future book. :) Well, I would love to create some t-shirts with my art or some small merchandise. A figurine of a girl I draw would be cool too!! :D     

TOYSREVIL: Sorry, but I HAVE to ask: Where did the name "Mashi" come from?

WENDY CHEW: Hahaha...I'm afraid you'll ask me this question. It's a very lame reason but "Mashi" came from "Mashimaro". :P I used to like mashimaro and when I started on DeviantArt, I wanted to use that name but it's already taken so I just shorten it and "Mashi" was created. hahaha. :P 

WENDY-CHEW2-02

We've previewed pages from the book before, as well met Wendy herself at the at STGCC.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK