13 x 2013: CLOGTWO

WHAT: 13 Creators to Look Out for in 2013. The challenge was simple: Identify 13 x Artists / Creators / Designers who will be taking the year two thousand and thirteen by storm, and quiz them! About half of them were also nominated by their fellow practitioner in this endeavor, so it'll be a swell mix indeed! Read what they have to say, and check out the URL-links to their sites to check out more of their works!
clogtwo logo

Introducing: Eman Raharno Jeman aka CLOGTWO!
ARTIST STATEMENT: Creating Visual Interpretation of Social Behaviour in society and problems through the inspirations of questions commonly asked or wandered, personally and generally as Human Beings.

CLOGTWO-SAID: Many of the people I've met tend to forget my real birth name sometimes; I think it's not as significant or important after Clogtwo was found in 2004, on a chemically sprayed wall in a dark canal, generally known to man as 'Graffiti Art' and to some, Vandalism, and to me, I think it's destroying my lungs from all the fumes I've inhaled for the past 7 years.

Graduated from Temasek Polytechnic School of Design Interactive Media Design (2007).

Clogtwo's works merges from relative questions from social behavior to the mysteries of our religion beliefs. As time goes by, many artists favor to question themselves if their styles are well defined or recognized? I think there's no such definition for style, style is not made, it;s yourself. Sad to say I've worked with National Arts Council, National Health Promotion Board, Singapore National Museum, Singapore Arts Museum, Okto Channel and adidas, to name a few. But it looks like Clogtwo managed to get all the credit.
/////////////////////////FLASHBACK FIVE/////////////////////////

TOYSREVIL: Describe how 2012 has been for you, in thirteen words!

CLOGTWO: Reincarnated, rebirth, nirvana, zen, surreal, insomnia, obsessive, knowledgable, remarkable, blessed, peaceful, lost and found.

TOYSREVIL: What is the one thing folks might not know you did in 2012.

CLOGTWO: For the first time this year I managed to dream in colour.

TOYSREVIL: Share with us your most triumphant moment in 2012.

CLOGTWO: I guess I've grew to understand that from a hobby it turned into passion after disciplining myself to draw everyday. Than it became a condition, an obsession. I'm pretty much proud of that turning point moment in my life.

obession

TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy or piece of art you've seen in 2012?

CLOGTWO: My favourite toy I've seen this year was by ArtMyMind's custom work on the HellLotus entitled Samsara.

TOYSREVIL: Which is your single most favorite non-toy-related website in 2012.

CLOGTWO: http://inkten.tumblr.com … Kinda been stalking.

397108_177738565704305_1283186246_n

/////////////////////////LOOKING FORWARD/////////////////////////

397153_177371879074307_838349817_n

TOYSREVIL: What is that one single word you would use to describe what you expect in 2013?

CLOGTWO: Colonization.

TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2013?

CLOGTWO: I'm digging Quiccs' customs. Gotta love skulls and robots.

TOYSREVIL: Are You A Jedi Master or A Sith Lord?

CLOGTWO: I'm leaning more to the Dark side now.

TOYSREVIL: Better to Tweet It? or Instagram It? or Facebook It?

CLOGTWO: I love sharing. I'll do all. But Instagram usually please me due to the fact that I'm more visually inclined.

598388_177500025728159_329405449_n
Above is the artwork for which Clogtwo has applied to a custom piece
(WIPS shown below) - done for the Art without Borders show 2013 in
Art Whino Gallery (Opening February 23rd)

36986f584fd611e2996322000a9f1313_7

TOYSREVIL: Describe your own work/art in thirteen words.

CLOGTWO: Social, religious, surreal, dark, humorous, dynamic, subliminal, cultural, anatomical, graphical, distorted, cancerous, epidemic.

TOYSREVIL: What should folks look out from you in 2013? And why?

CLOGTWO: A book. My inner thoughts.

TOYSREVIL: What is that ONE word you hope to achieve for yourself by the end of 2013?

CLOGTWO: Time-travel.

TOYSREVIL: Draw A Self Portrait With You As A "Snake" - interpret what you may!

selfportrait for Toysrevil

TOYSREVIL: Eman is both a Video Artist and Illustrator @ www.electrocaine.com, and as Clogtwo, he recently released his first vinyl collectible in the form of Hell Lotus, produced by Mighty Jaxx. What you need to do, is stay tuned to www.clogtwo.com and his Instagram @clog_two. CLICK HERE for continued coverage on TOYSREVIL!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK