About That TOYSREVIL Christmas Tree


I had been pretty fascinated with xmas trees this year, especially those hung with toys hahaha … I knew I had wanted to get a small mini Christmas tree as well, and had intended to hang gasaphons on them, and I knew where exactly I was going to place this...

[View Xmas Trees from Plaseebo / Japan / JEMTOYS]

I've not had much experience with Christmas Trees, least of them at home … remembering only in the past setting up surprises for ex-girlfriend(s), while they were at work and I conspired with their family/housemates to get into their rooms and set up the surprise hahaha … and while those seemed "foolish" now, I actually enjoyed doing up the surprises in the frost place, in an attempt to bring smiles to another person/s' face, seemed a worthwhile endeavor to execute then.

But no xmas trees at home, at least not by my hands.

This year was different. This year, I felt this was "needed". Before Dad's passing in late-October, he had accepted Christ while he was in Singapore General Hospital, and soon after his passing, Mum had converted to Christianity as well. My sister was the sole Christian in the family, and now she is joined by my parents (neither my brother nor myself are Christians.)


Christmas has always been a passing holiday for the Heng Household, and this year, I felt we needed a little "joy", for my mum, while mourning still the passing of Dad - so I reckon a little xmas tree might help lift the spirits, and also not such a "drastic" shift in household rituals, as it were.

Mum seems to love it, and has since bought even more decorative baubles, which I now have to figure out where to hang about at home LOL

I am extremely happy to see my mum smile and be happy as well, and perhaps this too will serve as a little homage to my dad as well, for I had not been able to give him a tree of lights in life, now placed next to him, a token of my love.








December 24th is exactly to the day 2 months since Dad's passing, so this seems quite apt a notion. As well Dad was born on May 24th as well, so the number has become "special" to me as well. And if I had my way, I'd have at least 24 pieces of decorative goodies hanging from the tree hahahaha.


So there we have it, a little slice of my personal life I share with you now - my dear readers now - of this little tree I've since hung with select gasaphons (I thought I had more actually, oh well ;p) and maybe next year I'll upsize the tree, and toys hanging from it haha

Wishing you folks an early Merry Christmas, and a splendid new year to come!

Cheers,
Andy TOYSREVIL

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK