TOYSREVIL's Top Ten Toys For 2014: #10 - Kaiju

A photo posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


I have resisted for quite some time now. Really, I have.

Blogging casually about "them" for the past semi-odd decade, but hardly collecting them beyond the flirt-buying of Bandai-figs found on Toys R Us-pegs … the end of 2014 saw me succumbing to the lure of KAIJU!

And by "kaiju", I mean the old school Ultraman monsters, versus the glorious "modern kaiju" from current producers both Japanese and Western. They are wholly beyond my miserable purchasing abilities … *man-sob*

For years, I had the impression there were financially out of my reach (well, they still are! LOL) and had more than a passing glance thru the years … but resisted I have … and a chance meeting of a seller at China Square Central - while out toy-hunting with Luke Chueh when he was in town in November - had my attention hook-line-and-sinker! And before the year ended, I snagged the above two pieces!

In my gilded memories, I remembered the "fabled" gentleman pushing a trolley with brown boxes and huge plastic bags of bagged-with-blister-carded kaleidoscope of colored plastic monsters within them, not the crowded flea market space at CSC, but never really had a fixed table nor schedule I knew of … until now…

And just yesterday, I continued down my road to financial ruin with two more characters to add to my humble collection! OMG

… I do not know if said collection will grow, as it all depends on my financial ability … but I know I am in toy-trouble now!

A photo posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on

WHAT-IS: *Celebrating 2015 with a series of "TOP TEN TOYS FOR 2014" as picked by myself! With a heavy dose of stories, I'm afraid :p … It doesn't have to be released in 2014, it just has to be purchased / gifted / unboxed in 2014. Share Your Toy-Joy, people!* [CLICK to read all other collectors' Top 10s]

#kaiju #kaijulife #TOYSREVILTopTen2014 #kaijubuddies #Ultraman #toylife

A photo posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK