TOYSREVIL's Top Ten Toys For 2014 - #5: Keifer

A photo posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


I am technically "cheating" here with this listing, but I don't care! "Technically" it was released in December at ToySoul, and a friend bought it for me then (Thanks, Marc!), which I only managed to get in hand at a breakfast meet-up on the first day of 2015!

The piece in question is the mascot for Toy Soul: KEIFER designed by Prodip Leung (whom I interviewed years ago along with LMF, for which I did a pisspoor job of anyways:p).

A photo posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


I am totally enamored by the concept of the tribal-look aesthetic versus the regular forms of chibi / cutesy characters, ripe for merchandizing and mass appeal (which I heart too, I insist!) seen predominantly in connection/association with a event and/or convention - especilly in the East - and this particular piece stood out too, amongst the myriad of original / non-licensed characters seen in 2014, IMHO.

I will be taking a close look not the figure in days to come, and as well I am very interested in his "story" of being! Til then, KEIFER rocks in at number 5 in TOYSREVIL's Top Ten Toys For 2014!

"I will rule all toys...!" #keifer by @prodipleung for #ToySoul #ToySoul2014 #toylife

A photo posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK