IKY for *BYEBYE 2017 HELLO 2018* on TOYSREVIL


Creator/designer Rizky Zakaria known as "IKY" (Instagram @iky.z / #onTOYSREVIL), has been creating their own corner of toyness from Indonesia, alongside label mates in SOTOY, and organising toyshops and spreading awarenesss of the sub-culture where they at, growing the scene from a grassroots level up, and that's a pretty awesome happening, IMHO. I'd also managed to review his POWER ANGER SPACE, and today I present a lil'Q&A micro series for TOYSREVIL's BYEBYE 2017 HELLO 2018! ONWARDS!



TOYSREVIL: How was 2017 for you? Share with us your most triumphant moment in 2017. What did you find the most disappointed of 2017?
IKY: "2017 was one of the good moments of my career achievement in the toy designer world. My friend and I managed to foster a positive climate of building relationships. Together with SOTOY we have achieved some targets such as exhibitions and some collaboration projects. The most exciting exhibition for me was the Spaceman Exhibition, (which featured) a new quality improvement and networking. I made Power Anger Space series, it was one of good shape and color for me. Included with you Toysrevil! ha ha. The collaborative project between SOTOY and Bodypack is also the best experience to work with others in making toy. In addition, the year 2017 is the first year we built a modelling studio."


TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy, or piece of art you've seen in 2017?
IKY: "There is byron by shoko nakazawa and btype56 machine56. There is rock!"

TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2018? Any plans for your work, for the new year you can share with us?
IKY: "In this year I want to remain and produce consistent work. This year I will also participate in Thailand Toy Expo with friends in SOTOY, and hope it makes a great future for us. At the end of January I will release new shapes and new colors from Power Anger! It will be a bit more wild, so just wait ya hohoho!"

TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy, or piece of art you've seen in 2017?
IKY: "I'm a creative worker and mountain bike enthusiast, loving to make character design, drawing or illustration. And, i'm a part of SOTOY (Self Original Toy), a collective artist group.

instagram.com/so.toy
instagram.com/iky.z"
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK