Kenichi Hariu (of HARIKEN) for *BYEBYE 2017 HELLO 2018* on TOYSREVIL


The first time I'd actually seen Japanese designer Kenichi Hariu (of HARIKEN-fame) was at last year's STGCC, and even though we'd actually neither been introduced to each other, nor had the opportunity to literally meet face-to-face, but since then, he has remained engaged to TOYSREVIL via different platforms (and visa versa), and via that I am also able to find out more about his art and works too, and I really appreciate this two-way street ... and it is with delight and pleasure I managed to bug the emerald-hue-loving dandy for a lil'Q&A for ByeBye2017 Hello2018!



TOYSREVIL: How was 2017 for you? Share with us your most triumphant moment in 2017. What did you find the most disappointed of 2017?
KENICHI HARIU: "In March 2017 I held a solo exhibition at Wong gallery in Taiwan. In addition, I was able to participate in TTF, STGCC, Shanghai Sofubi Expo, TOY SOUL ... a lot of art shows. I felt very happy that I met many fans. At the end of 2017, I released the new HARIKEN character "Softrolls"."

TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy, or piece of art you've seen in 2017?
KENICHI HARIU: "I not only love designer toys, but also action figures, PVC dolls, cheap toys, etc. I am also a collector who loves toys all over the world. I love the characters of Turtles and American comics, Hot Wheels, corporate characters, etc., and the inspiration I receive from them is utilized in my artwork and ideas."

TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2018? Any plans for your work, for the new year you can share with us?
KENICHI HARIU: "In 2018 I would like to join more and more TOY SHOW. I am really looking forward to seeing and meeting lots of fans.

In 2018 we release HARIKEN's new character sofubi following "Softrolls". In addition, I will release many new colors. Please look forward to my news."

(*New KORE & SORE Vinyls from Crowdfunding)

TOYSREVIL: Share with us, WHO you are and what you do?
KENICHI HARIU: "I am a Japanese character designer, artist Kenichi Hariu (HARIKEN). It is a representative of my character brand "HARIKEN" and is a collector who loves toys just like everyone else."
hariken.net
Instagram @harikenjp
Facebook @kenichi.hariu
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK