Brent Nolasco for *ByeBye2017 Hello2018* On TOYSREVIL



TOYSREVIL: How was 2017 for you? Share with us your most triumphant moment in 2017. What did you find the most disappointed of 2017?
BRENT NOLASCO: "2017 was a good year for me. I set my creative goals and went out to accomplish them. Dark Desendents was on top of the list. I wanted to release multiple figures and have different colorways. I wanted to try new approaches with each release. One major component that helped me accomplish these goals was help from TaskOne who pulled the figures. We would bounce back ideas on what I wanted to do and what was possible. I also wanted to push myself in sculpting and have more of a production look by just counting on my own ability. I was really satisfied with the outcome of the Dark Descendents series. TaskOne knocked out of the park, the resin pulls and basecoats on the figures . Working with him has been amazing. That would be one of my Triumphs.

There's nothing like setting a goal and getting the work done. I'm very goal oriented and it's nice to be surrounded by other great artist to help you along.

Other Triumphants where being able to work with Myplasticheart at NYCC, D-Con, The 5 Points Fest and doing the Mad Balls All Star Exhibition. I also had the opportunity to do some shows with Clutter, and another highlight was doing The Hidden Fortress show. It's always nice to be grouped together with other great artists that you respect in the game. And finally, it was cool to be a part of Skull Head Samurai show with Pobber Toys and Flab Slab. I'm so thankful to have opportunities to work with these great galleries across the world. And I am blessed to have great relationships.

I don't look back on things as disappointments - they might be just a set back, or they didn't turn out the right way, or the timing wasn't right. It's always something that you can learn and grow from. I always try to have a positive or optimistic look on everything. You win some you lose some, but no one can stop you from being creative and settings new goals. Life is a journey. You can take what's given to you or you can push yourself and create a new path that expands your horizons. What you put in, is what you get. "

TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy, or piece of art you've seen in 2017?
BRENT NOLASCO: "There are a lot of toys that I liked this year, but I will just focus on what I bought. I love the Alex Pardee The Astronant resin figure by ToyQube. The quality on the production piece is outstanding. They did a nice job translating the painting into a figure. ToyQube is setting the bar for how producing resin figure should be done, while keeping the price point good. 

I can't get enough of the Vinyl Artist Gacha mini figures.  A lot of their regular sized figures that I wasn't able to get are now being offered in this mini size. It's great because I am running out of places to display stuff. I can stuff these figures in the empty holes around my collection. There comes a point when you just don't have the room. But there were also too many great designs last year for me to name them all."


TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2018? Any plans for your work, for the new year you can share with us?
BRENT NOLASCO: "I'm looking forward to this year. I have some projects that I'm working on now. I usually don't show much until I feel it's time. Last year was a very productive year for me. I still have some new projects that were leftover from last year that haven't gotten pulled yet. I also still have a couple more Dark Descendants figures to release. I can go on with that series for ever there's a lot more designs."
BRENT NOLASCO: "I have a couple more new series that I want to start, and single projects to do to to keep stuff fresh. I definitely have plans but I'm also keeping things open for creativity. I always have too many ideas and I have to make realistic goals so that things get done.

I should have a new figure to debut at The 5 Points Fest with Myplasticheart. I will keep releasing figures with The Dark Descented line, plus have a couple of new figures for NYCC, D-Con and new sculpts for up coming shows. We going are going to keep it moving."

Work In Progress #monsterinmyhead #sculpt #sculpting #brentnolascoart #brentnolasco

A post shared by Brent Nolasco (@blessedblessedoblivion) on



TOYSREVIL: Share with us, WHO you are and what you do?
BRENT NOLASCO: "I am a multifaceted artist who doesn't like to stick with any one style or medium. Each piece could be completely different from the last one because I don't like the idea of just riding off of one design. Right now, I am focusing on making resin figures that I sculpt. I am inspired by music, seeing other art, and traveling."

IG @blessedblessedoblivion
www.brentnolasco.com
brentnolasco.bigcartel.com
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK